Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

I already own Silent Hill, same for Company of Heros... so I ended up picking up Mr.Robot and Jade Empire because they're cheap and they actually have decent metascores compared to the rest.
This silent hill any good? The only one I ever played was the original for playstation.

This silent hill any good? The only one I ever played was the original for playstation.

It's basically an American take on Silent Hill which is a traditionally japanese studio created. So I guess you can take your previous experiences with things redone by American studios...

I bought it but only because I live and breath silent hill.

It's basically an American take on Silent Hill which is a traditionally japanese studio created. So I guess you can take your previous experiences with things redone by American studios...

I bought it but only because I live and breath silent hill.

Yes, it's the american studio's take on it. Compared to the previous Silent Hills... the game is more action-esque and TBH doesn't really hold the eerie horror feel like the first.

It's a good thing everything is so cheap, or I'd be bitching about Steam stealing my wallet. I bought KB Armored Princess and the Witcher earlier, and now I'm in for King Arthur and Jade Empire. Even with a lot of time off for the holidays, when the hell am I supposed to find the time to play all of these great games?

It's a good thing everything is so cheap, or I'd be bitching about Steam stealing my wallet. I bought KB Armored Princess and the Witcher earlier, and now I'm in for King Arthur and Jade Empire. Even with a lot of time off for the holidays, when the hell am I supposed to find the time to play all of these great games?

Atleast you know they'll be there when you have the time ;). Personally, I'm hoping for a further reduced price on Witcher, as it seems Steam likes to further reduce already on sale prices. I'm going to wait for Witcher and HOPE Crysis goes on sale so I can have it on my steam games.

I love cheap PC gaming and there are a ton of games I've always wanted to try out and because of these deals I can! :D

Two more for me.

Jade Empire 3.75 USD
Silent Hill: Homecoming 9.99 USD
Subtotal 13.74 USD
Tax 0.00 USD
Shipping 0.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 13.74 USD

Anyone have anything to say about Zombie Driver?

its fun! its basically like GTA2+Choplifter for the genesis if you can remember that. you drive around in armored cars to rescue civilians stuck at various places. you run over a million zombies in the process, and you can shoot, burn or just run them the fuck over.

first couple levels are kinda hard because your car sucks (dont use the sports car), after you get the ambulance it gets easier, and more fun... thats as far as ive played so far, i think it was about to get repetitive, but overall the graphics are great and it is a fun game. worth $10 imo, for $2.49 its no question.

its fun! its basically like GTA2+Choplifter for the genesis if you can remember that. you drive around in armored cars to rescue civilians stuck at various places. you run over a million zombies in the process, and you can shoot, burn or just run them the fuck over.

first couple levels are kinda hard because your car sucks (dont use the sports car), after you get the ambulance it gets easier, and more fun... thats as far as ive played so far, i think it was about to get repetitive, but overall the graphics are great and it is a fun game. worth $10 imo, for $2.49 its no question.

I bit on this a few weeks back at full price. at first, it was only fun for the first few levels because of the atrocious camera work as well as being keyboard only. the latest update has included better camera handling and gamepad support. I'm playing through it again and liking it a bunch more this time.

I can happily say I'm not buying anything today. I already own Bioshock, and I dont yet own a wheel to play racing games, so no need to buy Burnout. :D.

if there is any racing game that doesn't need a wheel, its burnout. that game is designed to play with the xbox360 pad.

I bit on this a few weeks back at full price. at first, it was only fun for the first few levels because of the atrocious camera work as well as being keyboard only. the latest update has included better camera handling and gamepad support. I'm playing through it again and liking it a bunch more this time.

sadly there is never much of a reason to buy a pc game when its first released.... if youre just a little patient youll get a better product for much less cost, but thats the developers fault not the consumers. the only games ill buy on launch are the yearly sports games and legendary series like GRID (toca3) and the like...

do you know if the PC version actually supports the 360 pad?

heh... its sad that people don't know what "Games for Windows" branding means... im not being mean or anything, its just when microsoft announced this new strategy about 5 years ago i thought it would bring pc gaming back to the front. it hasnt done that, but its still a godsend for us pc gamers imo.

basically what it means is the game experience will more or less be exactly the same as the console version (xbox peripheral support is the first thing on the list) check it out- you even get the home screen popdown to connect to friends and all that crap. the last piece of the puzzle that i dont understand is why the xbox online community is not the same as the pc online community. if they really wanted to help pc games, let us play against xbox peeps!

Last edited:
heh... its sad that people don't know what "Games for Windows" branding means... im not being mean or anything, its just when microsoft announced this new strategy about 5 years ago i thought it would bring pc gaming back to the front. it hasnt done that, but its still a godsend for us pc gamers imo.

basically what it means is the game experience will more or less be exactly the same as the console version (xbox peripheral support is the first thing on the list) check it out- you even get the home screen popdown to connect to friends and all that crap. the last piece of the puzzle that i dont understand is why the xbox online community is not the same as the pc online community. if they really wanted to help pc games, let us play against xbox peeps!

you may not _mean_ to sound snotty, but you sound that way just the same. I know _exactly_ what the Games for Windows badge is _supposed_ to mean. However, that doesn't mean it always does. I've got at least three "Games for Windows" games here that don't support the 360 pad even though they're console ports.

being oversensitive doesnt help anything... im not going to 'oprah' my comments. but in that case, yes, burnout supports the xbox pad. the game is indistinguishable form the console counterpart from what i can tell to be honest...

you might actually be right too. games for windows means a game has to follow certain rules, but supporting the xbox controller doesnt appear to be one of them. fairly certain that was one of the rules, who knows...

Last edited:
So, lemme get this straight. If I purchase COH: Tales of Valor, I'll be able to play multiplayer with someone using just vanilla COH?

Because if we were to play COD4 vs xbox guys it would be just pure cruelty...PETA may even boycott us!

anyone get the king authur game? i was kinda hoping i could get some kind of input on it. the screen shots look pretty good

Wow, I really wish that I didn't buy Burnout. Man that game looks like crap. It's no Grid to put it mildly.

I'm loving this sale... especially since my wife hijacked our Dragon's Age copy and I promised to let her play though it first (drat).

Braid (Beat it already -beautiful and great game, but the puzzles weren't too hard for me, others disagree)
Torchlight
KotOR (missed that one somehow years ago and this gives me an excuse to check it out)
Plants vs Zombies
Mirror's Edge (Innovative and fun so far, with a few frustrating moments -but not too many)
BF2 (Oddly for me, the fps I got low on my priority -must be getting old)
... and for some reason that King's Bounty game (I've been wanting to try a tactics game, so it seemed as good as any)

I'm still holding out for Mass Effect... Mass Effect on Steam for $10 would be immediately bought -as it is I may just get the download version from EA's site.

Last edited:
Just had my first random crash in Torchlight after 8.5hour or so. Lost about 15 minutes of play. Just figured I'd mention it because I've read elsewhere about it crashing.

anyone get the king authur game? i was kinda hoping i could get some kind of input on it. the screen shots look pretty good

I'm quite enjoying it, though I 'm just a little into it (not even really into the rpg aspect at all yet, still in tutorial mode).

I'd say if you like RTS games like the Total War series and a good fantasy game along with the mythos of King Arthur thtne you'll enjoy it.

The overworld map is very well done and better then in the TW games imo. Lot more atmosphere and character to the goame as a whole.

Wow, I really wish that I didn't buy Burnout. Man that game looks like crap. It's no Grid to put it mildly.

burnout paradise? i thought it looks great. it doesnt have that nasty bloom or whatever grid does that makes it look dreary and yelloish.

I'm still holding out for Mass Effect... Mass Effect on Steam for $10 would be immediately bought -as it is I may just get the download version from EA's site.
My advice is to keep holding out. ME was just on sale for $10 a few weeks ago. If it goes on sale, and I believe it will, it should come in at $5 or less.

While both are driving games, they are almost different genres. Burnout has a much more arcade-y feel, while Grid drives like a proper sim.

COH is a great game. Tales of Valor did have some sort of single player set of missions.... but by far the multiplayer bits keep me coming back for more. Since the steam COH:TOV deal does all of the multiplayer bits - those looking for the first two single player campaign might want to check out go gamer [dot] com's sale - the original and opposing forces media are on sale for $4.90 each for another 50 hours...

Picked up a copy *before* the sale for my brothers... just so we could do some multiplayer action. This is a steal.

You say King Arthur and I'm there. :D

I'm going to buy it in a few minutes. From the little I've found online about it basically if you don't mind thinking a little and don't require the easy mode of consoles then here is a PC game you can dig your teeth into. The negatives I read about talked about the game needing patches.. Well I just visited the main website and they've patched it.

Seems like a go to me. ;)

you may not _mean_ to sound snotty, but you sound that way just the same. I know _exactly_ what the Games for Windows badge is _supposed_ to mean. However, that doesn't mean it always does. I've got at least three "Games for Windows" games here that don't support the 360 pad even though they're console ports.

It's also hilarious that in his snottyness, he showed that he doesn't understand the distinction between "Games for Windows" and "Games for Windows Live."

Anyone have any thoughts on if CoH is worth it for the single player game only? I remember it being poorly reviewed but that was when the expansion was full price rather than $5.00.

Back