Steve Ballmer Uses A Mac&#63

running windows or not, they still paid the apple price premium

that alone makes it lol-worthy

agreed. but regardless, its still a damn PC. it stopped being a mac when apple switched to intel.

in other words, who cares.

This reminded me off Jim Allchin's infamous "I'd buy a Mac if I didn't work at Microsoft" internal email to Gates and Ballmer back in 2004, referencing the 2004 Macworld keynote in terms of what Microsoft was doing wrong and what Apple was doing right. The thing is this was way before OS X really leapt ahead of the pack with Tiger 10.4. Until that came out I was "that's cool but I can take it or leave it" between 10.3 and XP.

It wasn't Ballmer's laptop, it was the laptop used by the person who presented before him...

They just didn't remove it. I love how people like to take things out of context though.

LOL, the zealots are loving this one. Unfortunately if they put down the koolaid for a moment they might realize how idiotic they're being. Of course, they DID buy Macs, so they're obviously not too good at this whole thinking-things-through concept.

1) Microsoft is a SOFTWARE company. Remember the whole thing about Apple getting raped so hard they they were forced to ditch their hardware and move to Windows-compatible hardware? Guess what, Apple laptops can now run useful software.

2) People like Ballmer don't do the setup at these presentations, their time is far to valuable. They send the files to the person in charge of the event, and THAT person is the one that does the setup. That's not Ballmer's laptop, it belongs the the event host.

3) Even IF it were Ballmer's laptop, AND it was running in useless mode, Microsoft STILL makes Office for Apple in order to keep Apple's OS in existence and there-by reduce the monopolistic nature of it's business.
Actually it seems as though there are more "zealots" posting against this than there are for this...like your post, for instance, where you took the time out of your day to create numbered responses to invisible individuals outlining how this in no way lessens the extent to which Apple unabashedly sucks.

For another thing, Apple isn't even a competitor to Microsoft. Microsoft doesn't manufacture systems and this MacBook is running Windows (you've heard they can do that now, right?).

panties -> unbunch

Is it just me, or is the bigger chuckle the typo on screen? Pretty sure it should read "... for Future Graduates."
Now that is priceless! :D

I can only imagine how many people reviewed the presentation and no one caught it. :eek:

Despite my pro-Windows position and general disagreement with most of the things you say, I have to second that assertion.:p

I'm pro whatever works for what it is I'm doing. Extreme zealotry either way is ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as when people allow something so stupid as marketing to affect their buying decisions in both a negative or a positive way.

It wasn't Ballmer's laptop, it was the laptop used by the person who presented before him...

They just didn't remove it. I love how people like to take things out of context though.

Second that. Check out the first comment from a guy who was there:
http://flickr.com/photos/choubistar/2439499170/ (link posted earlier this thread too I believe)

2 earlier presenters used macs and this one was left over from the last guy. The background was not projected from this laptop.

Second that. Check out the first comment from a guy who was there:
http://flickr.com/photos/choubistar/2439499170/ (link posted earlier this thread too I believe)

2 earlier presenters used macs and this one was left over from the last guy. The background was not projected from this laptop.

So stupid that this is news. Is it also news if he is photographed near someone holding an iPhone?

QFT

Also does anyone know if that where that was taken? I know the photo says "Microsoft Digital Inspiration - Business Leadership and Digital Innovation for Future Graduated

Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium"

is that a college?

Back