Sticky Changes and Updates

Kvothe

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2006
As you all can see, we've made changes to the stickes and went to a one sticky setup. If you guys have any thoughts opinions on what me might want to add or link to. Throw it in here, just keep in mind, this is a hub for us share the best of what the [H]orde has to offer in the forums.

I'd say "Thanks for the Sticky loving in the Part/Deals/Prices section" but that sounds disgusting... so I'll just say "Thanks!" :D

I think I like it with one Sticky... reduces clutter at the top and we don't have to fight for sticky-status when something new comes up... (not to say that we have to keep JUST one all the time, but that one helps organize it all)

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Very nice. I would make one tiny little suggestion: I think the FAQ link should be at least at the top of "information/FAQs" section, if not at the top of the whole post. Yes, our motivations for folding are important, but when people come here, typically they're looking to get started folding ASAP and will worry about the rest later.

Just my opinion. Feel free to throw rocks at it ;)

It's very... sticky. Rocks at Mohonri, though - I think it's more important that people stick around after they get set up, and if they see the "why we DC" first, they're more likely to realize the significance of this and stick around.

BTW, I can never remember how to spell Mohonri and always end up copy/pasting it. OT, but where'd you come up with that nick?

almighty_mage said:
OT, but where'd you come up with that nick?
It's a first name given to some guy back in the 1800's. Mohonri Moriancumer. Funky name, so I nabbed it.

I like it. At first I agreed with Mohonri, but unhappy_mage seems to have enlightened me as to why the current format is better. :)

I'd change the parts swap to only listing the current one (#3) first. And maybe the second one after the third one for historical purposes since we just quit using the 2nd one. Peole shouldn't have to guess wich one to read.

I like the less sticky idea myself... I HATE CLUTTER!!!

of course you couldn't tell that from the way i keep my house/desk but whatever

Moose starts moding over in the video card forum and p[H]an0tm cleans house

It's nicer. Now there is only one thread at the top I never look at, instead of 4-6 like there was before! I hardly ever pay attention to the stickies, and I don't think a lot of others do either, judging by the amount of simple questions asked.

Well according to Wikipedia the definition of sticky is VERY useful information that no one reads
no i didn't really look it up that def is all made up :)

That looks much better, I mentioned to DR_K a long time ago, (he was the only mod here then) I like the new format! THANKS!

Back