Still having a printer problem

janitor53

Weaksauce
Okay, some of you tried to help me out a couple of days ago. Here is the update. Now when I print, the printer goes back and forth like it is printing but the page still comes out blank. Printer cartridges are in correctly, everything seems fine, but the document doesn't print...well, the page shoots out like it had been printed but there is no ink on the paper. Today, it actually printed half a page WITH INK and then stopped and all following pages were also blank. On the computer, it says "document failed to print". I am using a HP 1315 and the operating system is XP. I can't find anything on the HP site about this issue, anyone have any more ideas?
thanks.

I have not read your other post so hopefully all the info is here and am not reiterating what others have said.

There are 2 things that could be causing this:
1) a problem with the printer itself
2) a problem with the device driver and connection to printer from the PC.

1) Have you tried having the printer print its test page? This will take the PC out of the equation and will rule out the printer being at fault if it prints.
Steps from HP for printing test page:
1. Make sure plain paper is loaded in the In tray.
2. Press the MENU button.
3. Press the RIGHT SOFT KEY to display the Tools menu.
4. Press the DOWN arrow to highlight Print a Test Page .
5. Press the SELECT button.

2) Then if you have another computer, install the printer on that PC and try to print. If it prints then you will need to uninstall and then reinstall the printer on your PC.

Hope this helps you,
Dan

Back