Still here

BakedON

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2006
Hello all,

Sorry for my leave of absence.... haven't really gone aywhere but just couldnt really be here. I've spent the last few months piecing things back together. My own fault really, but once I found out I had it I really just couldn't face anyone. I mean, I spent 6 or 7 years off and on gtting to know some of you folks. I couldn't just sit here and let you all watch me die and that's what I though was going to happen.
I sort of detached from most of my friends, distanced myself from family and spent any time that I wasn't sick with the wife and kids so they'd have fond memories of their dad.
I had a letter written for you all and my wife swore she would send it but thatnkfully it didnt come to that.
Stomache cancer is a bitch, but I managed to beat it.1/4 of my stomache removed, volleys of pills and radiation therapy and he love of my kids kept me together. I'm happy to report that I'll be bugging you people for a while longer :)

Still on some drugs but I'm back to work at a new job. Some of my borgs are sill running and my home boxen never went down. I'll have a few more up this weekend and might be able to borg a few at work soon.
Thanks for all the kind emails, especially you Travis who made me feel connected eventhough I was pushing everone away.

I'm back and I'm pissed. Damn thing tried to kill me..... now it's personal.

Be in touch more often. Only one PC I can get here on at home until I get my laptop up this weekend and the kids are on it alot.

welcome back...glad to hear that you are ok...now get back in here and headbutt yourself a roo or two :D

Great to see you back and congratulations on beating the beast!

Glad to see you back! :D

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Good to see you back up and kicking, punching... whatever you are doing ;)

All hail the Iron Nutz. :eek:

BakedON said:

Forget headbutting a roo, sounds like you got bigger fish to fry. Welcome back. :cool:

Here is something:

People should not be afraid of Diseases or Cancers.
Diseases of Cancers should be afraid of the people who fold.

BakedON said:
Hello all,

I was lucky.
I only lost a part of me to a Tiger and not the Dragon.
It pays better ........

Get well, Fold on.

Luck............. :D

chromehexnutsnv7.jpg

I wondered where you were. Great to have you back!

BakedON said:
Stomache cancer is a bitch, but I managed to beat it.1/4 of my stomache removed, volleys of pills and radiation therapy and he love of my kids kept me together. I'm happy to report that I'll be bugging you people for a while longer :)

What a [H]ard attitude! Keep on fighting!

Rock on! That's awesome dude. Glad to hear that you kicked the crap out of the Beast and that we get to enjoy your presence rather that read that letter.

Great to see you back. Cancer's a bitch. I've been watching my father-in law go through Stage 4 invasive melanoma. He's was supposed to be dead 4-5 months after it went stage 4, but it's been 10 months now and he's still kicking.

It is always great to hear the accounts of folks who have beat "the demon". I hope, as we all do, that our combined efforts will someday make tales such as yours, only a memory.

Welcome back, best of luck in your second life, and godspeed in all your endeavors!

Glad to have you back. :) Very glad to hear you are doing better!

Good to hear the news that you beat "it" back. A friend of mine has stomach cancer that is beyond medical treatment, he hasn't given up and continues to fight the beast everyday.

We must never give up.

thanks guys. Feels good to be back... here and in life in general. Was getting lonely. No more dramatic re-entry for me though. Gave my speech..... now I have to find something to borg.
DDogbert, sorry to hear about your friend man... but every day he fights is a day that brings him closer to finding a cure, a doctor willing to attempt surgery or a miraculous remission that gives him even more time.
I was lucky, my life went to hell all at once and I was diagnosed early on. Now I have a ton of time to put it all back together.

Now on to better things.... got to do my best to fend off Tenchi for a few extra weeks..... gotta find a borg out there some where........

Glad you're back and healthy, BakedON.

Now let's kick the sh*t out of the beast.

Quid Pro Quo. It took a third of your stomach. You take all of it and destroy it.

Or something like that.

BakedON!!! CONGRATS!!! Didnt see this thread the other day, just dug it up, actually because I was wondering how you were doing.

Good to still have you around.

Glad to hear that you are doing well now. I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing, and I log-in and you have posted a thread proclaiming great news! It was a great way to start the day. Fold long and [h]ard!

ps. Yes I know I'm a little late, but I was out on vacation. Good news is good news, and it needs to be celebrated.

Late as usual :)

Awesome news though, glad to hear you showed the beast a thing or two.

sorry for the late reply, welcome back BakedON. I'm really glad to know you made it.
Here's to keeping on keeping on, *cheers*

Nice to see the good guys win, and welcome back!

See, I *told* you I've been waaaay out of the loop... Guy fights a dragon and wins, keeps the girl (chicks dig scars, right?), and I heard nothing of it.

Damn, I need a life. :D

All hail IronNutz, Dragonslayer!

BakedON said:
Stomache cancer is a bitch, but I managed to beat it.
That may well be the best thing I've heard all week. Glad to have you back around.

Fold on! :D

I will bring this thread back from the brink of death, much like BakedON brough himself back.

I havent been on much of late but I had to say that I have been thinking about you and your struggle the whole time. I am very glad that you are doing well!!

Welcome back!

Speaking of. Anyone had any contact with BakedON lately? His last post was in November.

Back