Strange Error. Is this new stick of ram dying?

dagon11985

Gawd
Roughly three weeks ago I purchased a gig of Patriot Ram for my GF's aging Socket A system. The Timings on her ram are set correctly, and it passed Memtest without any issues.

Here is the problem. When she exits Neverwinter Nights (her favorite game), she gets the following error code.

The Instruction at "0x6970af7f" referenced memory at "0x0863533c". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

Is this error code an indication that perhaps her RAMis failing? Could the OS or the game be corrupted? (She had some bad sticks of ram in there that we had to replace. The game kept crashing with her old sticks of ram) or is something else likely to be the cause of her problems?

If it's only that game and it's repeatable I would uninstall/reinstall. There's a fairly good forum for Neverwinter Nights at Bioware for more specific help with the game. I think you can even post in the general section without going through the trouble of entering in your CD keys.

Run memtest on the RAM. Sometimes memory errors within Windows can be caused by exceptions in code.

Back