Strange PC issue, boot related.

Orr

Limp Gawd
Well recently after moving my build from a Sonata II to a Tsunami, I've been experiencing a strange problem where I would restart the computer after it had been for a little while and it would get stuck at the POST screen, just after it detects the processor.

Normally I would have to turn off manually and also turn off the PSU in order to succesfully boot. Now the last time this happened, I turned off the PSU and back on again and the motherboard light didn't light up. I had to turn the PSU off and on again so that the motherboard would received power and then allows it to boot.

What could this be?

The motherboard ATX connected is in fine.

Assuming it's the rig in your sig, and that you got a nice PSU for it, might wanna try resetting the CMOS to defaults, and checking voltages in the BIOS.

It is the build in my sig. Could it be the OC thats playing up?

Currently the HTT is at 210 with a multi of 11. Vcore is at 1.4v and mem is at stock. No divider being used.

The thing is that it was OC'd when it was still in the Sonata case and the PSU/motherboard wouldn't do this on boot then so I don't think its that.

I had a very similiar situation recently. Turned out to be that I can incorrectly plugged in some of the front panel connectors (power/reset/led and/or USB).

Aside from that.... if you took the whole thing apart, you may have reseated some components improperly, or maybe the components are in different slots/connectors/etc? Are you missing any jumpers? Are you getting any beep codes? (is your speaker connected?)

Just some ideas.

Hmm, no beap codes because the Tsunami doesn't have a PC speaker.

I think the two USB ports on the top of the case might be plugged in incorrectly. I have them plugged into a USB connectors 1 and 2 on the motherboard but when I plug in a device it doesn't properly.

Back