Strange Personalized Settings message

Grimmda

2[H]4U
So I build images here where I work for those of you that don't already know.

I haven't updated the image with Microsoft patches (or for any reason) since April of '06 so there were obviously quite a few I needed to put on the new one I'm working on. (And don't worry that I don't update it a lot, we have LANDesk which pushes patches, much like SMS does thanks)

So I did my thing, ran sysprep, all is well. I ghost it up to a server and bring it down to a box and it does it's thing all fine and dandy, but when the local admin acct logs in I get this little window that shows me this stuff:
personalizedsettings.jpg

And changes from media player, IE settings, Outlook Express, yada yada yada

This is new, and it is because of an update I've run that was released since April of 06, does anyone know which one is the culprit? There's probably been 50 of them! Oh the terror, I might just have to deal with it because I dont' want to analyize which one did it, but It wasn't doing it before this update!!!

Thanks for the info/help in advance if anyone even happens to know the answer.

It is part of one of the updates; however, I don't think you can disable it. Probably what is happening is that some part of the users profile needed to be updated as a part of the patch that was installed. When this happens you will get that message.

As a matter of fact did you install MP10 or an update to it? That might be your culpriut right there.

Nope, I didn't touch Media Player, it just happened to display media player along with a few others.

I hear what you're saying, I have a feeling I'll just suck it up and deal with it.

I believe it's building part of the user profile, for an account that hasn't been used yet. If you create a new user (local) and then log in as that new user, you should see the same thing.

You're right dj, but it didn't do that before for just the local admin account... now it does with those patches on.

Back