Streaming PC Games from PC to TV in a distant room.

Mizzer

Limp Gawd
Here's my issue: I have a beefy PC Gaming Rig. But I'd like to play PC games from the comfort of my couch and on my 65" LG OLED with XBOX controller support.

Nvidia is axing Game Stream on the Shield so that shot down my intended route.

I'm thinking something like a SFF PC with Moonlight or something like it but I'm not sure what specs I need for 4K, up to 120hz, and HDR (my tv will do all of that). I have access to network hard wiring.

Looking for tips, tricks, or even a web page source for more info.

Thanks!

PS: I have an Xbox X and ROKU Ultra connected to the tv already... if that helps.

Screen share with Miracast? It's built into LG televisions and Windows. Press the Windows+P keys on your keyboard and select wireless device from the menu that appears. Look for your TV in that list.

How distant is the room? The wireless range for the Xbox controller is 19-28 feet depending on environment. You can't connect the controller to the TV, as far as I know, so you'd need it connected to the PC.

I can't imagine the specs need to stream to your TV using a SFF PC would be that high. You could probably do it with a decent CPU + iGPU. Could probably even make a streaming box out of a Raspberry Pi.

Here's my issue: I have a beefy PC Gaming Rig. But I'd like to play PC games from the comfort of my couch and on my 65" LG OLED with XBOX controller support.

Nvidia is axing Game Stream on the Shield so that shot down my intended route.

I'm thinking something like a SFF PC with Moonlight or something like it but I'm not sure what specs I need for 4K, up to 120hz, and HDR (my tv will do all of that). I have access to network hard wiring.

Looking for tips, tricks, or even a web page source for more info.

Thanks!

PS: I have an Xbox X and ROKU Ultra connected to the tv already... if that helps.
I'd check to see if your oled has any updates. I could have swore I just got an update recently that added gamestream through the gf now app.

https://www.pcgamer.com/lg-tvs-can-now-stream-games-through-the-nvidia-geforce-now-app/

I use the SteamLink app on my Shield to stream games from my PC to my living room TV. Works great at least for Steam games. You CAN do non-Steam games, but it can be a pain to set up.

Does anyone currently use a small form PC connected to a tv to stream from a gaming computer?

A Raspberry Pi 4B should be enough. There is an official version of Steam Link made for it that supports 4k streaming. You can also run Moonlight on it if you prefer. You could buy one that is ready to stream for $75-100. There are several tutorials out there to get Moonlight setup on the Pi.

Back