stupid 45 degree fitting question

jonneymendoza

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi i just bought a pair of bspoke 45 degree 1/4 1/2 OD rotary fitting and quite miffed on how to attach the rad to the end of it.

At the end of the part where you connect a WC component on it, it turns and rotates endlessly without moving. i am trying to take that bit that turns so i can screw the whole end to a WC component but it just turns and turns and thats it?

what am i doing wrong?

There should be a bolt at the end....it may be on small....it sounds like you're turning the fitting instead of the bolt

i dont see a bolt. is ee a black rubber thingy though. maybe the screw thread is small as seen on this pic

1109693-a.jpg

the rigth side is the bit i am trying to turn lol

The male end (threaded) is placed in the radiator socket.

That black rubber thing is a washer to complete the fit so it won't leak.

You "turn" only the base of the BP fitting, ie the piece that is directly above the male threads, the textured "ring".

Of course the body of the fitting will spin and spin, this is a rotary fitting and made to do so, you CANNOT rotate the threads by turning the body of the fitting, once resistance is met, the body of the fitting will just spin and the threads will not advance into the socket.

Of course, make sure your radiator female is G1/4, as that is the diameter of the male thread on the BP fitting.

Back