STX and DG

gvlada

Weaksauce
I have STX in my case, using it for stereo system and phones. I also have a pc audio system and my plan is to get Xonar DG for that. Can STX and DG work propery in the same case, cause drivers and control panel are the same or it is ok?
Thanks in advance.

STX for Marantz + Monitor Audio/REL & Sennheiser
DG for Kenwood pc audio system

If both can work together, how can I choose right control panel or I would have two of them in taskbar?

what is the kenwood pc audio system, and what is the marantz
you dont need a 2nd sound card.

I have the STX, and while it's easy to use onboard sound and the STX in Win7, I would expect you'd run into some problems with both. I've been thinking about getting the DG as well, but not to use simultaneously.

Does the Kenwood system use analog or digital connections? Or both?

My thinking is you could get it to work, but I'd think you'd end up with two Audio Centers. One will say Essense STX it the top right corner, the other will say DG. Post some more info -- why would it be necessary to use both sound cards?

Ok.... Kenwood RXD500, Marantz PM 7001 KI, Monitor Audio RX2, REL T2.

use the recorder outs on the marantz to feed the kenwood. just have the volume off on one of them at the time. you dont ''need'' a second sound card.

Of course I can use audio out on Marantz but I don't want to have both amp on while using only one of them. DG is cheap, some 20 euros but only how will it work? Same control panel, two of them? Anybody tried that?

I've tried them both separately, they each have different control panels. Haven't tried both on the same system at the same time though.

I just don't really understand what it is you're trying to do.

Do you want two cards so you can use two sets of analog audio to play two different sources at once, from one computer?

I just don't really understand what it is you're trying to do.

Do you want two cards so you can use two sets of analog audio to play two different sources at once, from one computer?

from what i understand, his other setup is in the same room as the computer, but not at his computer. so he has two sets of speakers, one for sitting at his desk and one for elsewhere, higher quality setup.

Of course I can use audio out on Marantz but I don't want to have both amp on while using only one of them.
if the source selector on your marantz analog or digital? if its analog, it should work even when the marantz is OFF. its a passive system.

you should leave the marantz on with zero volume always, for best sound. turn the kenwood off when you dont need it.
amps take about 20 minutes to warm up, and higher end solid state ones ones sound best when theye been on for a few days.

Last edited:
Well that is exactly what I wanna do, have two sets and use them separately.
Marantz PM7001 KI has stand by so it is not turn off from power but in that mode it wont pass through any signal. When turned on it just use few times more power then needed.
Solution would be two sound cards but how will it work?
Talking about hardware STX and DG will be just fine, but as software goes how to control or choose which one when they use same (or similar) driver and control panel?

you will see different output devices when you go to control panel -> sounds.
select the one you want as the default.

alot of applications also let you select which one to use, so you can set one to be used for default and set lets say a media player to use another output.
unledpjx.jpg

I know about different type of sound cards. Even now I use STX along side AMD hdmi out to AVR. I know that Xonar and X-Fi can co-exist but my question is what about two Xonar cadrs that use same or very similar driver and control panel? How to control them, both be active at the same time. I go to control panel and how to choose STX or DG? Enable/disable in device manager is not an option.

Back