SUE FRY"S ELECTRONIC Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lov3rboy408

Limp Gawd
here is the story...

yesterday 1/1/08 fry's sale day. i bought a samsung TN-L 4065f 1080p.. with 12 months no interest promotion.. i stay and do paperwork with them like 1hour 30 minutes.. they said unable to process the application.. but i can take the TV home and they will apply my application tomorrow.. so i took the TV home, happy and can't wait to hook in my xbox360 today.. and now i recieved a phone call from them.. they said hey we unable to help u with 12 months promotion , so you need to bring back the TV or else pay with your credit card..i told them i already unpack the tv and set up everything , gave away my old monitor to a friend.. now u want the TV back? they said i eighter bring back the TV or Pay with my credit card? wtf if i have money i already pay off , i don't even need to do this stupid 12 months no interest promotion. so the guy give the phone to the manager, that son of a bitch give me an attitude.. she said if don't want to to give back the TV someone will come and pick it up? so on on on i told them i will talk to the BIG BOSS at frys today when i got out of work..
------------------------------------UPDATE I'M SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH----------

YOU ALL DON'T UNDERSTAND MY STORY.. THEY SAID MY CREDIT IS GOOD AND IT'S APPROVED ME TO GET THE 12 MONTHS PROMOTION. YESTERDAY THEIR SYSTEM IS DOWN SO CAN'T PROCESS MY APPLICATION BUT THEY RUN MY CREDIT AND IT' S APPROVED ME TO GET THE PROMOTION, SO THEY SAID THEY WILL DO IT TODAY. THEY CALL ME EALIER AND TOLD ME THAT THE PROMOTION IS ENDED ON 12AM LAST NIGHT SO NOW I CAN'T NOT APPROVED FOR IT. SO THAN THEY APPLIED ME FOR FRY'S CREDIT CARD IT'S DOESN'T GO THROUGHT IT'S SAID WILL SEND EMAIL WITHIN 14 DAYS AND LET ME KNOW APPROVED OR NOT. I HAVE GOOD CREDIT, I OWN 2 CARS THROUGHT FINANCIAL THERE IS NO WAY I CAN GET DENIED.THEY TOLD ME DO I WANT THE SONY INSTEAD AND I SAID NO, SO THEY SAID OK THEN GIVE BACK THE TV OR ELSE THEY SEND SOMEONE TO PICK IT UP.

Ya thats pretty fucked up of them, but i dont think your able to sue for something like that, they didnt charge your credit card or anything so i dont see anything illegal, but they should give you something for your troubles, like a gift card with like 500 bucks! or something like that. :D Good luck cant wait to see the way this ends up.

what would you sue them for?

You got an item, you pay for the item. They said they'd try your application again, and it failed. Unless their advertisement states somewhere that they will grant this "special financing" to everyone (in which case why would you have to apply?), regardless of credit, then they are no way in the wrong. You applied, you got denied, simple as that.

However, what I would do, personally, is apply for a new credit card, as most provide a year with zero apr, and just use that to get around the situation.

They did make a HUGE mistake by giving you the tv before your credit was approved or denied.

Fry's in general has good customer service. If they're threatening you, call corporate and explain the situation. Tell them Fry's was trying to process your credit app and it wasn't going through for some reason so they said to just take the merchandise and they'll try later. Then explain that the credit app failed for whatever reason and they want the tv back.

Giving away merchandise before having the credit accepted is dumb. Whoever did that will probably get fired. You can't walk into a car dealership and walk out with a car before your credit clears.

If Fry's still give you a runaround, contact Consumerist.com. They seem to do a pretty good job of making companies sweat and give into customers.

As far as suing, the fact that you'd even ask if you could really gets under my skin but I'll leave that for the soapbox.

Evidently your credit is so bad you can't get approved for a television. They should sue you.

Dealerships let peopled drive off the lot without financing and if they can't get financed, they have to give the car back or it gets repossessed.

Nice try though.

they were stupid to let you take it home, when it wasn't a done deal.
you were stupid to take it home, when it wasn't a done deal.

if it were me? id leave it unpacked and tell them to come get it.

Evidently your credit is so bad you can't get approved for a television. They should sue you.

Dealerships let peopled drive off the lot without financing and if they can't get financed, they have to give the car back or it gets repossessed.

Nice try though.

I guess dealerships do that cause people fall in love with the car. A lot of dealers will try to bait and switch promising this great financing option and let the buyer take off with the car. Later they'll call and say that those options wont work and the buyer will either have to put more down or pay a higher interest rate. Happens all the time with car dealers but somewhere like Fry's I'm certain they don't do stuff like that.

I really dont understand what happened. You paid with credit card and assumed they would reimburse you, but now theyre not going to?

I really dont understand what happened. You paid with credit card and assumed they would reimburse you, but now theyre not going to?

umm no

He applied for financing provided through Frys. They could not process the application same day but let him take the TV home. Now they say they can't provide the financing so nothing has been paid for the TV. He needs to pay them some other way or give the TV back.

The local authorities should arrest this tool for stealing the TV, as that's what he's now done.

dude your a total moron if you think you can sue them. stop buying shit you can't afford, it makes us all look like douchebags.

Just take it back and stop daydreaming a fantasy where you can sue them for anything.

Since you re did that little speech you need to talk to them to give you the deal back cause they said they can give it to you but there computers were down, so it was there fault, so call the place or go there, with a nice tone nothing crazy, and if they start getting all pissy and stubborn then pull out the craziness and see what happens!:D:cool:

The local authorities should arrest this tool for stealing the TV, as that's what he's now done.

Not really, since they told him everything was ok. However now he either has to pay for it or it gets repossessed...

Fry's shouldn't have let him walk out of the store with it though. This is a situation where both parties messed up big time. Unfortunately, Fry's has more legal power here, and the OP doesn't have a strong case.

This situation = :eek:

sorry i forgot to metion that they call me back to pick up the TV when i was at home, they call me and said OK come and pick up the TV we gave you a temperary recieve and will process your application tomorrow but you can pick up the TV today.

wtf if i have money i already pay off , i don't even need to do this stupid 12 months no interest promotion.

If I read this right, you say you have money and you dont need the financing? If that is the case, just pay them. That is, if you want to keep the TV. At this point, you have no right to sue them. You have not paid for anything yet, so in a way you are essentially stealing the tv by refusing to pay or return it. As for you giving away your old stuff, thats not fry's problem. You were not done with buying the tv in the first place. True frys shouldnt have let you leave with it, but you should have been smarter too

OK so how much is the financing in actual dollars? That is what your actually suing for. So I say if you want to pay the court system $50 to $100 to file your lawsuit and you will probably need some representation you will have to pay some attorney fees up front. Lets just say they want $1000.00 to get started. By all means go right ahead and sue them. I would rather work with them to try and get the issue resolved than resort to childish tactics screaming at a manager. I do think you have a valid point as the issue doesn't appear to be with your credit rating as so much as the store didn't complete the sale during the actual time period. Sometimes the vendors will allow a grace period beyond the dates listed to cover customer complaints or other issues.

GL

My guess is they sent him a pre-approved card thing in the mail or what ever and to sweeten the deal they likely offer some sort of discount on the first purchase like 10% or so. This is something that my former employer Home Depot did on a regular basis, a problem we saw every once in a while was the pre-approval wouldn't check out when we tried to finalize the credit account at the service desk.

I don't think this is something you can sue over with any chance of winning unless the judge happened to have some thing similar happen to him/her. It does suck and they should of still offered the discount regardless.

i'd take the tv back and get the refund... and never buy from them again..:mad:

in order to get a refund, you have to pay for something first.

this guy has a TV that he never paid for, he didn t buy anything.

in order to get a refund, you have to pay for something first.

this guy has a TV that he never paid for, he didn t buy anything.

Yeah, but it was still retarded that they let him take the TV. Most places if you don't get accepted you just walk away empty handed and have to come back to pay for it to get it or just forget about it. Fry's made a huge mistake giving him the TV. He shouldn't *sue* them but they do owe him an apology for their computers being down and being unable to give him the axe to begin with.

He should be able to work a deal with them in-store if he explains how it happened.

Of course if he doesn't put up the money with or without any sort of deal he might get because of this mix-up, he has to return the TV, simple as that. Sort of a reverse to the usual way things are done.

And yeah, the person who gave him the TV ahead of the approval will probably get fired, it's obviously caused quite a commotion.

From the update he made this is what I gather happened...

He was approved for the financing, but for some reason or another their system wasn't working properly and they couldn't finalize everything. So they said they would do it tomorrow when it was working and he could have the TV. Well the promotion ended on that day so when they try to process it the next day the promotion no longer exists, so now they say they can't help him with the financing.

He never says that he was declined for the financing. If I am understanding it correctly this seems almost like a bait and switch from Fry's, which is wrong and against the law.

He was approved for the financing, but for some reason or another their system wasn't working properly and they couldn't finalize everything. So they said they would do it tomorrow when it was working and he could have the TV. Well the promotion ended on that day so when they try to process it the next day the promotion no longer exists, so now they say they can't help him with the financing.

He never says that he was declined for the financing. If I am understanding it correctly this seems almost like a bait and switch from Fry's, which is wrong and against the law.

yes you are right that how it's happen... today i have apointment with fry's distric manager, hopefully they will trade me the SONY TV 40'' 1080p 120hz for the same price as the Samsung!

Sounds like the same thing to me.

I'd tell them to come get it or I'd just buy it on a zero interest credit card.

yes you are right that how it's happen... today i have apointment with fry's distric manager, hopefully they will trade me the SONY TV 40'' 1080p 120hz for the same price as the Samsung!

So now why do you want to trade TV's?

because i need the TV this week, i have no TV, storm will be in california today and will last till next monday. i need the TV for the weekend!!

without TV = no xbox, no ps3, no movie, no computer,big storm is outside.. what can u do?

i wish i can go outside, windy will be 70 - 80mph, big rain and cold, storm for 4 days..

i say leave the tv outside and let them pick it up and take your business somewhere else..

If the weather is as bad as you say, they will probably not come get it in the rain and wind, for risk of ruining it. If they do, you could go to a different local store, buy a ~20in monitor/TV and use it for the weekend then take it back and get a TV of your choice. Haste will lead to a decision you will regret, take your time and be patient.

They shouldn't have let you take the TV without you having paid for it in some fashion or another. That is their mistake. However, don't feel like you are entitled to credit because you have good credit. No one has to give you a credit card for squat. Fry's cards and other store credit cards are actually harder to get than you think. Car loans and home loans are the easiest type of loan to get.

They also deny or extend credit to you based on your debt to income ratio. So I think a lawsuit at present is premature. You certainly aren't going to be entitled to enough damages to cover the cost of going to court. If you didn't pay anything for the TV, take it back and take your business elsewhere.

If they are willing to come pick it up then let them. That way if they damage it then its on their heads. I have to say though that the store manager should step in and take responsibility for his people's original goof and make things right. Failing that let them come get it. If anything it saves you the hassle of packing it all up and getting it to them.

Wait...you can't afford the TV but you can afford a lawyer and all those legal fees?

meh living without a tv, I haven't had cable for over a year now. espn360 plays college football games, and that's pretty much all I watch.

SO THAN THEY APPLIED ME FOR FRY'S CREDIT CARD IT'S DOESN'T GO THROUGHT IT'S SAID WILL SEND EMAIL WITHIN 14 DAYS AND LET ME KNOW APPROVED OR NOT. I HAVE GOOD CREDIT,

I'm sorry, but that right there tells me your credit score is under a 700 or just above, (710 maybe) which is not good credit, Or you have to much open credit.

Ethically what frys did may be wrong, but its not illegal so no, you can't sue, you can just take your business elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back