suggest a game

ok.. i want to know what a good game is to play over a network with my friend..

the computer that is the weakest link is a 1.5ghz p4.. 256mb of ram.. i should hvae checked what the video card is.. its not built in.. but its some kind of leadtek with 64 mb of ram... on xp pro..

we were going to use red alert II.. but i can't get it to install under xp... i just get errors.. i tried compatibility mode too. i don't know waht the problem is..

so what games would run on that computer.. we used to play ghost recon but he lost the cds. this was a few years ago..

Try some older RTS games, or some older FPS games. I had a similar computer, except 2 GHz P4, and I could play a lot of older games fine.

Quake 3 would be cool; as would Medal of Honor Allied Assault (multiplayer demo is available).

For free you can download Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. It's an ok multiplayer FPS and will run most older rigs.

If you could find out what the video card is it would help us out a lot just go to my computer, right click, properties, advanced, device manager, display adapter it could be a geforce 2 64mb or a ti4600 64mb the difference between allied assault on high settings and not being able to play it.

Ya that should enable you to play all of the games mentioned in the thread at decent settings

Back