Suggest me a wifi phone

nighthawk101

Limp Gawd
I have had an eten m700 for a little over 2 years now and it served me well, but its starting to break down. Wifi stopped working and the phone is beginning to crack on the back.

I would like to get another touchscreen phone with wifi. Wifi is a must, I do not want a data plan. I have been looking at the HTC diamond, but Im not a big fan of the fact that it has no micro sd slot, however it is not a deal breaker. I prefer WM as well. I would like to stay under 450, but if one catches my eye that is over, I am willing to pay.

Thanks!

Except for

- Need a data plan in most places (not what the OP wants)
- Windows Mobile (preferred by OP)
- MicroSD slot (preferred by OP)

I'd suggest looking at HTC phones over all. Also, Samsung phone are getting better with touch screen, slot expandability, and WM.

BTW, what provider are you/will you be using?

Personally, I would get the Touch Pro 2 or Touch Diamond 2 that is coming out, but that will be more than 450, still thought id mention it though. The HTC fuze is pretty good, thats what I am using, Id also check out the samsung epix, I liked it more than the fuze, but its screen size killed it for me, I like to web browse, and the screen was a little small for my liking, an unlocked Samsung Omnia or HTC Touch HD would be pretty sweet also, I thought the Touch HD had an expansion but I could be wrong.

Well, I am really like the HTC Touch Pro, but I cant find one for under 550. I have found the diamond around prices of 360-400. But as stated, I am not liking the fact that it doesnt have a sd card slot. It is not a deal breaker however.
I see the Diamond also does not have a qwerty keyboard. To anyone that has used it, how is the touch screen keyboard?

Well, I am really like the HTC Touch Pro, but I cant find one for under 550. I have found the diamond around prices of 360-400. But as stated, I am not liking the fact that it doesnt have a sd card slot. It is not a deal breaker however.
I see the Diamond also does not have a qwerty keyboard. To anyone that has used it, how is the touch screen keyboard?

The "soft" keyboards are pretty much standard aren't they? If you don't like the one included you can always install another one.

To answer your question here is the Diamond keyboard: http://images.wmexperts.com/articleimages/2008/moved/08/05/HTC_Touch_Diamond_Keyboard1.png

The samsung epix is 129.99 on the refurb no data plan requirement and fits your requirements, only gotten to play around with friends, seems decent nice layout, mousepad thingy plus touch and built in stylus, and qwerty keyboard. My epix comes Tuesday so I get to see then just how good it is.

The samsung epix is 129.99 on the refurb no data plan requirement and fits your requirements, only gotten to play around with friends, seems decent nice layout, mousepad thingy plus touch and built in stylus, and qwerty keyboard. My epix comes Tuesday so I get to see then just how good it is.

The Epix is a really nice phone, I really like the touch mousepad, however I do like the E71 better, or maybe the E75 when it comes out later this year.

I find the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 (SEX1) peerless in its range. It is well worth its price. I find the experience noticeably better than that of the Touch Pro (haven't tried the Diamond or their refreshes).

HTC Touch Diamond 2 has a micro SD slot, as does the Touch HD.

well, i finally decided on getting the diamond. Not having a 3.5mm jack or sd card slot kinda sucks, but overall, i love the phone.

Back