Suggestions for a fan/heatsink for a P180 case?

lacaran

n00b
Just as the thread title implies, I ordered my E6600 from Clubit and want to use something better than the stock cooler from my Celeron 326. Does anyone have any experience with the P180 case, as it's pretty popular, and different heatsinks? I know the Scythe Ninja and Big Typhoon are popular, along with the Zalman, but I don't know if the case is big enough or how the airflow would work. Any suggestions are appreciated

I'm buying a p180 for my conroe build at the end of the month, just grabbed an oem e6600. I was originally gonna grab the Thermaltake Big Typhoon, but then I realize, the p180 has no side fan, so the typhoon would be blowing right at the side of the case as its fan blow straight up from the cpu, not very good for airflow. I think im gonna go with the ZALMAN CNPS9500 or possibly that Acrtic Freezer 7, they both flow the air perpendicular to the cpu, which in the p180 case would be straight out the back of the case :)

My Thermalright Ultra-120/E6600/DS3 combo lines up perfectly in my P180B. Awesome setup and COOL.

I have that and asus p5w and I just picked up an Artic Cooling Freezer 7 pro. Nice HSF, plus it's made for socket775 and one of the only ones i've seen that plugs down onto the MB wihtout having to flip it around for installation. It also fits perfectly and has good clearance and all that. The fan hits the sink then gets sucked out of the p180 case. Good stuff. Plus its like 23 bucks and completely silent.

I'm waiting on my conroe, but for now i have a 3.2 intel D overclocked to 3.8 at 30 C stable/idle with no increases much at all under load.

I'm sure people will suggest big much more powerful ones that will drop you 3-5 C more but what the hell

-=PESTILENCE=- said:
I'm buying a p180 for my conroe build at the end of the month, just grabbed an oem e6600. I was originally gonna grab the Thermaltake Big Typhoon, but then I realize, the p180 has no side fan, so the typhoon would be blowing right at the side of the case as its fan blow straight up from the cpu, not very good for airflow. I think im gonna go with the ZALMAN CNPS9500 or possibly that Acrtic Freezer 7, they both flow the air perpendicular to the cpu, which in the p180 case would be straight out the back of the case :)

ZALMAN CNPS9500 EXCELLENT HSF, Its little expensive then other but it will keep you Kool . Remember to use ARTIC SILVER 5 Paste on it :cool:

Back