Suggestions for iPod video converters??

BartY

Limp Gawd
OK...I'm getting tired of having to wait an hour or more to convert an ISO DVD rip, residing on my hard drive, to an iPod friendly format with DVDFab. I can't complain about the quality (apart from its annoying habit of forgetting the subtitle settings) but it is just too SLOW. My PC is more than adequate (E4300 C2D OC to 2.7GHz, 4GB RAM, yadda, yadda...) but this thing just creeps along.

Anyone have any good suggestions? Perhaps something that can make better use of dual core CPUs?? Thanks!

Will it handle ISOs now? I had tried it in the past, but I don't recall it being able to directly convert an ISO. I know I can mount the ISO as a virtual drive, but having to go through the "spin on your head, touch your nose and cross your eyes" routine each time isn't that much fun if I want to do more than one or two movies at a time.

Handbrake seems to be working fine. It regularly loads the CPU up enough that I get a pretty good conversion rate. Takes maybe half an hour now instead of an hour plus. Thanks guys.

Back