Sunbeam NUUO owners thread

burnin8r

[H]ard|Gawd
About a year and a half ago, I was putting together a parts list for a midrange build (mATX, SLi). I was considering a Hiper PSU because of their modular design, attractive finish, and decent price point (oh, and the cool parts bin, can t forget that...). When reading a popular PSU guide, I found another unit built by the same OEM (andyson) that seemed to be a better value. Every review I read was favorable, and it came with a nice 3.5" panel too. I was sold...
The Sunbeam NUUO 550 was a tough fit in my QPack, but I am happy with my choice. Sadly, they seem to be in short supply these days. Anyone else care to share their their views ?

Sunbeam_NUUO_550W_Title.jpg

I had one. They're very nice psu's, but they do seem to run a bit hot. Efficiency isn't something to write home about either. At lowest speed, the fans had a bit of clatter, and at full, it was loud.

It also provided good, clean power, at an affordable price, and bling bling.

I'd buy one again if I was shopping for a PSU.

Just retired mine last week. It was stable, with nice output but ran too hot. Popped a Corsair 620hx in it's place. Much cooler.

We have one in an office desktop of all things (hey, corporate IT needs to have some fun and experiment once in awhile, bored IT staff can be dangerous! :D ). It's not in current service (it's in a spare machine that I meant to deploy but the user ended up not needing it right away) but it is pretty slick. It does run warm, and the fact that Andyson (the OEM) populated the unit with Fuhjyyu caps gives me doubts as to its long-term reliability. I wouldn't install another one unless they switched to a better cap brand, I've had enough headaches with the Fuhjyyu-infested Channel Well-built Antecs that have been dying on me.

Todd in Cheesecurdistan

Back