Sun's BlackBox

that's just friggen awesome.

I like their mock-up of having one in space - complete with solar panels.

Vette5885 said:
I like their mock-up of having one in space - complete with solar panels.
*grins evily* Skynet anyone? :p

To the OP, that's pretty neat... nice proof of concept and all but I don't see much use for it in the datacenter's of today. As an on-site quick-and-dirty datacenter, it'll succeed... but I don't see many being purchased. It may however appeal to the military. :)

Seriously, Skynet has always been in the back of my mind. Terminator is one of those movies that actually has a possibility of coming true.

...Earth has been terminated. :D

Orinthical said:
*grins evily* Skynet anyone? :p

To the OP, that's pretty neat... nice proof of concept and all but I don't see much use for it in the datacenter's of today. As an on-site quick-and-dirty datacenter, it'll succeed... but I don't see many being purchased. It may however appeal to the military. :)

I was reading about these suckers on sun's site the other day. Yea the Mars Rover Mission mockup is great.

Don't get me wrong I don't see these things selling like crazy but I do see them selling well for what they are. Hell the rooftop setup they show I could see happening easy for some companies. I also think the military reference is a good one. I'm sure they would love things like this for mobile command centers. Hell if sun sold them right the navy could prob use them to refit some ships easy. I'd be interested in seeing how many they end up selling when they finish it.

Back