Super Lanboy or PC-65B or Dragon

Nimrod

Limp Gawd
I been thinking about getting one of these cases, but I really don't know which one to choose from. I been leaning more to the Super Lanboy because the Pc-65B is $125 and I don't really want to spend that much unless its worth it. I also been thinking about the Chieftec Dragon because I like the way it looks. What do you think would be the best case and if theres anything better for around the same price then don't be afraid to say.

Ive got a super lanboy. Its alright, but it feels pretty cheap. But if you wanna save some money go for it.

The dragon is great, I have one. It's tall and heavy (if you get the steel one). It's got tons of room for anything you could think of. I'd prolly go with the 65b though. If you did get the dragon though get the aluminum version.

Superlanboy... cheap (price) alum. case with a side window.. can't beat it. though footprint is a bit small (a mini mid tower)... its should fit anything u throw at it (some ppl i see have WC in a lanboy).

I just got a lanboy today to replace my old antec/chieftec case one of the big tall classic ones. I friggn love the lanboy. I got 4 hds in there 1 floppy 2 dvd drives a8n sli deluxe and 7800gt in there. Its so easy to hide cables and wires with this case and the new style of hd mounting makes for a much cleaner look. I actually have alot more clearnence with the lanboy also my old case the nvidia cards 6800 ultra and 7800gt would have zero clearance between the hd's and power connector for the video card. I actually broke a cap off my 6800 ultra while pulling it out one day. Lanboy got 2 or 3 inches clearance. And its footprint seems tiny compared to my old case. Small is better. It did feel pretty cheap before I put all the components in but once everything was all mounted up it felt alot more rigid. Very nice case.

i like my chieftec dragon, its a good case to have if you arnt afraid of hacking it up and taking it apart to paint and stuff to get it the way you want, i fit my dual 120mm heatercore no troubles in it and the wires are almost perfectly hidden the super lanboy is a nice case as well but my next case if i were to buy one would be the antec P180

<edit>lol just looked OP's name... hello :p

Heh yeah, dragons are great for modding. I heart the dual removable 3.5 trays. I mounted my heatercore right up there.

I had a Super Lanboy for about a year. It is a nice package, you get enough room for most uses and 2x120mm fans for lots of airflow at low noise. Just be aware that it is built for light weight primarily (hence the name), so it isn't the most rugged case out there.

I replaced mine with a P180, which is awesome (but heavy and twice as much money).

PC-65B, Lian-Li's are great, they have a good build quality, I really like them :D

I had a PC65B I used for 2 years and traded it. It a gorgeouse case, but noisy since it uses 80mm fans. If you maximum cool with minimum noise go for the Super Lanboy. It's also a beautiful case, but simply not as sturdy as the PC-65B.

Red Hot Deal!!! Compusa has the SL for $50 after rebate.

take a look at my superlan boy, i'm just pissed that I bought it 3 days before the rebates :(

maybe this can help you decide

g33zyLB068.jpg

id reccomend a chieftec dragon, i love those cases. the layout is nice, lots of room, they come in nearly every color.

Yeah the only reason I don't really like the Super Lanboy is because of the color and how it wont match my black cd rom drive but I guess it doesn't matter because there is a door on it

my cd drive is black too. kinda sux but its really not THAT bad.

Its pretty cool actually with the contrast (**maybe that's just me trying to justify not buying a new silver 3540 1½ months after buying a black one**)

I never thought I could live with a case with a door but it ain't half bad, the only thing is you have to remeber to open it when burning!

Nimrod said:
Yeah the only reason I don't really like the Super Lanboy is because of the color and how it wont match my black cd rom drive but I guess it doesn't matter because there is a door on it
Get some vinyl paint at Autozone (about $6 for an can) pop the front of the drive off and paint it.

Super Lanboy is quiet from experience, but now I must leave as I am in the process of making my case as clean as g33zy's. What a jerk with his cable organizing skillz, putting me to shame. :p

Just built a system with a SL. Awsome case, almost went p180 but the price, weight, airflow, and cabling issues kept me away. SL is an awsome case. If someone can suggest a good free pic host I will snap a few shots.

I have 2 Antec 1080plus (chieftec/chenming dragon blah blah)

Things I like...
Removeable drive trays
Brackets to easily add and remove 5.25 external drives is handy.
Came with a high quality TP430 PSU

Things I dont like...
Front bezel swing arm thing, its just annoying for me.
Front USB ports have NEVER worked right
Space for 5 x 80mm fans, which is not the most efficient

My local BEstBuy just rearranged the whole store and added a new bar area where they had a couple modded PCs setup to play video games. They were using Super LanBoys and they looked kinda nice with the 2 120mm fans and the side window is nice and large and not a weird shape.

But the Antec drive bays and drive rails have spoiled me, really nice features and something I'd look for and reccomend.

The antec sonata (the I not the II) is very similar to the lanboy and is black if you prefer.
:)

Back