super pi: NOT EXACT IN ROUND

Please help: What does the super pi error message "NOT EXACT IN ROUND" mean? It happes after the 3rd or 4th loop. in overclockers terms, does it need more Vcore? Ram Voltage? Or what? I am 48 hours prime stable. What gives?

48 hours prime stable?

That should be good enough considering the general consesus around here is that 24hours is stable. Eventually, even a processor at stock speeds will fail.

The error message is stability related...but I honestly can't remember what the "Not exact in round" message is usually tied to. If you're encountering memory related stability issues while benching SuperPi you'll more often then not come upon a different error then if you're lacking vcore or if the CPU has been pushed a bit too far.

When i was overclocking my 3000+ Venice I started at 200HTT and raised it in 5HTT increments...until I eventually found the max on my magic little chip of 329x9....2.96GHz on air cooling. I was mainly concerned about benchmark stability because all I had at the time for a "video card" was some 4MB PCI POS that couldn't run a game to save it's life. Each time I did a 5HTT bump I did whatever I had to do to make sure that SuperPi 32m would complete, and after that many runs you eventually start to figure out what has to do with what in terms of errors...but for the life of me, that was too long ago, and I can't remember.

Back