Supermicro SURROUND SLI Problem?

chris89

Weaksauce
Hi I have a Supermicro X8DTH-iF and have the vga jumper set to disabled with x2 660's...

SLI will work and Surround will work but SURROUND SLI will not work...

It doesn't work on one or two cards. Normally all displays are plugged into video card #1. 2x DVI + 1x Displayport.

This works fine on boards without Integrated Video.

It Gives A Connection Error...

In that screenshot it looks like it's saying you have 2 displays plugged into the bottom card. According to the configurator on GeForce.com you need to have 2 displays plugged into the top card and one in the bottom. There is also a special instruction note:
NVIDIA Surround Configurator for GTX 660 said:
Center Display of the Surround group should be connected in the left most card.
When it says "left-most" they mean the top card, or GPU0.

Here is the link to the configurator. I selected "GeForce GTX 660" from GPU model, "2-way SLI" from SLI Mode, "2D Surround" from Surround Mode, and "Landscape" from Orientation.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/surround/system-requirements

According to the results you need 1x DVI and 1x DisplayPort display connected to GPU0 and 1x DVI connected to GPU1 for your configuration.

Okay I'll look into that I didn't know it was so specific. This is my friend's PC who used to have the same config on the Precision T7500 and switched to a Custom Supermicro build. On the T7500 he had all 3 plugged into the top card apparently and SLI Surround was working. In the pic was a Test Config trying to get it to work I am just helping a friend who lives in another state.

Since the 660 has x2 DVI and x1 displayport he had them all plugged into the same card. Apparently the 660 was meant to use 1 card to display SLI Surround... I suppose that is slightly incorrect or is this Connection Error clearly stating a simple mis-configuration in terms of ports?

I'll let u know how it works out.

THANKS

Back