Supported Resolutions for the Samsung 215TW

Hockey07

n00b
Hi, does the Samsung 215TW support 720p and 1080i through its component input? Thanks in advance.

The reason I ask this, by the way, is because many people here say that the 215TW does/doesn't support 720p and 1080i. According to the manual, the monitor only supports 480p through component input. However, if you test a 720p or 1080i signal through, say, an Xbox 360, it will work fine (though it will stretch vertically slightly since the monitor has a 16:10 aspect ratio). This is why I am confused about the matter. I want to know if I am playing on 480p or 720p. (Also note: while playing through component input, there seems to be some slight pixelation around the edges of things, almost as if there was no AA at all. However, all X360 games are known to have AA and so there shouldn't be any of these "zigzags." Oddly enough, it seems more prevalent in 480p than it is in 720p or 1080i).

yeah it supports both 720p and 1080i with the xbox 360. I play mine on it all the time. Btw, no where in the manual does it mention only going up to 480p.

Thanks alot. Guess I will go in pick one up sometime today. :D
Out of curiosity, did you buy any chance the 360 vga cable (assuming u have 1)?

I can confirm that it supports 1080i and 720p via my X1900XTXs AVIVO component out. I have no idea why people though it could only do 480p but that seems there are a few posts on a number of different forums that say this.

Well just returned from office depot about an hour ago. I will try it out latter on when I get back from work. :D

Gee, talk about beating a dead horse...

I wonder where the rumor came from though? I've been seeing it all over the place. It is totally unfounded though.

Back