Surround 3rd monitor fail with 258.96

darkpaw

2[H]4U
Ok, I've been messing with this nearly 4 hours and am a very unhappy camper. I had previously been using Surround just fine using the 258.69 betas with my GTX 260s. Tonight I upgraded to my brand new pair of GTX 460 cards and had to install 258.96 since 258.69 doesn't support the 460.

Well now whenever I try and go into span mode, my third monitor turns off with an invalid resolution error. No matter how I order the cable connections, I cannot get all three monitors to work. Did some googling and apparently others have had issues with the final release drives and this exact problem. The really annoying part is, no one has a good solution. It was marked as resolved on the nvidia forum by someone that decided to replace their monitors... WTF kind of solution is that?

Has anyone encountered this and found a real solution? I'm running 3x32" LG TV's using DVI->HDMI cables and everything was working fine with the beta driver, but no matter what I do it will not sync the third monitor now.

I'm about to pull my hair out. I really want to enjoy my new cards, but this is completely ruining my fun.

Back