Swanky Power Cables

as i posted in the original thread Id be far more impressed if they had a mechanism to ensure they stayed plugged it
that would be an interesting mod for them however ;)

HOTPOOP said:
Wait, $50.00?! I want my ooooh aaaah back. :mad:

What you have more sense than money? :p
doesnt look all that hard to recreate them, this is the modding forum ;)

when i make my own the iec connector alone costs $20, the power side one costs $15, cabling is cheap though

they use a cheap iec i think..

I don't have a problem with my power cables getting pulled out, but I do think I will be sure to stop by the electrician section at home depot next time I'm there to see what kind of beastly power cable I can come up with :cool:

Check out this power cable... $299. ZU Mother Seriously though, I'm thinking of getting this one, only cause it looks good: Birch :D :D :D

IMO, the clean power that those cables provide is only usefull with high-end Home Theater equpiment or with High-Power amps. Then again, a power conditioner would be better.

that is INSANE! i mean, that much money for a freaking power cord? it's more than my freaking car payment! freaking freaking freaking INSANE dude.

codeflux said:
that is INSANE! i mean, that much money for a freaking power cord? it's more than my freaking car payment! freaking freaking freaking INSANE dude.

No that's not insane. This on the other hand, yes that's insane.

qdemn7 said:

OMFG!!!!!!!!! $1200 for a _______ing power cord????? :eek: I could build a whole new rig for that kind of money, and have enough $$ to get some modding supplies for it, and maybe even at least a 6 pack. :p

fallsincluded said:
no way.. thats not insane... this is insane
how many of you didnt click that because you did a mouse over first...

I would like it to go on the record that I did. :cool:

qdemn7 said:
I would like to do a "blind taste test" and see if anyone in the world can tell the difference between a $30 and a $1200 cord... and a $0.99 cord for that matter.

lol aint paying 50 bux on a power cord. But then again, this might enter us into a new era of power cable modding! RAWR

ok maybe not :D

nick_sabatino said:
IMO, the clean power that those cables provide is only usefull with high-end Home Theater equpiment or with High-Power amps. Then again, a power conditioner would be better.

i call shens on these people that say there is a difference...

all your power still comes from crappy in-wall copper cable... and the power company dosent have to provide you with "clean" power either...

i think a power regulator/filter will do a lot more for you than any cable will...

I really, really need to pick up some IEC connectors, head to Home Depot for some other plugs, and start selling some mid-range premium Xeese-cables for $487

"There is going to be a huge demand for a product that can do what it does and at a relatively moderate price for a breakthrough high-end audio product," predicts Karl Lozier in the January 2002 Stereophile. "They are not the most expensive power cords in my home at this time. They are the best sounding however."

Back