SWAT 4 - Windows 7 x64

htpc_user

[H]ard|Gawd
I've tried installing SWAT 4 on my Windows 7 x64 PC, but when I try to play the screen goes black and eventually crashes back to the desktop talking about some unknown error. I've done a search and others claim it plays fine on their Win 7 x64 machines. Does anyone have this installed and running on their machine? I've tried all kinds of compatibility modes. I have an x4 955, 4 GB RAM, and 8800 GTS 512. It was running fine when I had Vista x86.

have you tried running as admin? some games made before wi 7 need admin rights to play or they just close right after launch

also have you done any driver tweeks to your card such as any forced graphics modes?

I did run the game as admin, but didn't work.

I haven't done anything special with the drivers. I have the latest nvidia drivers, and I don't want to "break" anything for BF3.

I've played the game on AMD (5870, 5670), Nvidia (laptop GPU from 2007), and Intel (i3) and it has run fine on all three. I assume you're just doing the normal install + stetchkov syndicate?

I had a really hard time getting the game to load, and once I did, it refused to run at 1920x1080.

Bump if anyone knows a solution. Too bad it seems to have trouble with Win 7 64, it worked nearly flawless on Vista 64 (just a mouse cursor issue).

That being said, the game always had the random CTD for me, even on my XP machine.

is the game fully patched? i noticed that you more than likely got your copy either retail or from D2D. as for why it isnt working for you on win7 x64, that is a weird issue since i have a lot of games that came out way back in the XP days and even the win98 days and they work flawlessly on my win7 x64

Back