Sweet Program: Picture Ripper 4

holli4pirating

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been working on making a slideshow screensaver by pulling pictures off the net. That was taking forever cause it's hard to find good zip files of pictures I actually want. So here I was, going through sites, right clicking-saving pictures one by one. Really boring, really slow, really tedious.

After a bit, I realized there must be a program that could do something like that for me, and I found Picture Ripper 4. It's a program with a free trial version which can sort through any website or websites (it can even log you into passworded sites if you give it a username and password), and download pictures for you. Of course you can filter it, allow it to follow links to other sites, whatever you want.

There are also a bunch of tweaking options, like how many threads/connections it can use and so one. Plus, if you're feeling a bit brave, you can edit the files which contain the search and download paramaters. It's actually rather fun to play with/optimize if you're a tweaker (plus their site has a support forum and quick responses from the moderators). I also like that there's evidence of new versions/betas with useful features thrown in.

Anyway, it'a a great program and I'm using it now to get tons of material for my screensaver; just thought I'd pass it allong to the other [H]ers. You can find it here http://pictureripper.com/

Back