Swiffer Duster?

squares

Limp Gawd
Hi guys I clean the outside of my pc with a swiffer duster (it really attracts the dust!), and was wondering if it was safe to use on the innards of my pc. Very dusty here where I live, and I find that compressed air doesn't get all the caked on dust. Will my computer explode if i use it on the inside?:confused:

Barring some sort of lightning cannon, a Swiffer duster is the last thing I'd use to clean any computer component. Use canned air if you feel it's necessary to clean it in the first place. Blast dust out of the computer and use something else to clean it once it's out.

To reduce the "caked on" effect of the dust, clean it more frequently. I clean my systems out around once a quarter.

K thanks for informing me about the static electricity on the swiffer.:eek:

If you need to clean the caked-on dust, use a cotton swab dipped in 90+% alcohol to loosen it up (and make sure that you remove any strands of cotton that may get stuck onto the motherboard afterwards). Then use the compressed air to remove any leftover dust.

If you need to clean the caked-on dust, use a cotton swab dipped in 90+% alcohol to loosen it up (and make sure that you remove any strands of cotton that may get stuck onto the motherboard afterwards). Then use the compressed air to remove any leftover dust.

Thanks for the tip i'll try that.

Barring some sort of lightning cannon, a Swiffer duster is the last thing I'd use to clean any computer component. Use canned air if you feel it's necessary to clean it in the first place. Blast dust out of the computer and use something else to clean it once it's out.

Hahah good for a morning laugh

Back