Swiftech apex H20-liquid cooling kit

hero123

Weaksauce
hello, im new to watercooling, and have just purchased a Swiftech apex H20-liquid cooling kit , and would like to ask for advice about the routing of the tubes and parts, which will be optimal for performance?
thanks

Use the shortest route as it doesn't really matter how you do it. However, most people put the reservoir or T-line in front of the pump so there are no problems in liquid supply.

^^^^ just like she said, use the shortest route as it'll give you better flow rates and waste less tube haha.
Also you're going to want to put the radiator somwhere that has decent ventilation (ie laying on the bottom of your tower).

The Swifty instructions give you some very very good ideas on how to run your tubing and order of components. Follow them and you'll have zero problems................... :eek:

Bio-Hazard said:
The Swifty instructions give you some very very good ideas on how to run your tubing and order of components. Follow them and you'll have zero problems................... :eek:

heh yes, FOLLOW THE SWIFTIE INSTRUCTIONS trust me it does make a diff. bio knows!

Time for a thread hijack...

I just bought the Swiftech H20-120 kit. Does it matter which drive bay I put the reservior in (top, or bottom)? With the kit I have the the MCP350 pump sits in the drive bay with the res and is directly connected to it also.

infiniti029 said:
Time for a thread hijack...

I just bought the Swiftech H20-120 kit. Does it matter which drive bay I put the reservior in (top, or bottom)? With the kit I have the the MCP350 pump sits in the drive bay with the res and is directly connected to it also.

It does not matter. I have this kit and the swiftech instructions are very good. Some people say that you have to have this pluged into that certain way and if you dont you will lower your results but not true with this kit. For example I had the CPU block plugged in backwards so the inlet was plugged into the outlet and vice versa. People on the board mentioned that so I swapped them out. No temp change whatsoever.

Just follow the instructions provided and you wil be fine. If you can mount the rad outside the case.

TeeCee... when you start overclocking and the temps increase, you WILL notice a difference if the tubing is backwards to the storm. You just aren't running your CPU hot enough to notice the difference.

hero - just as Bio said - follow the instructions. It is always argued as to weather loop-order makes any difference, but there are a few general rules to follow when setting up a kit.

a. the outlet of the reservoir should go to the inlet of the pump
b. the reservoir should be at the highest point of the loop (for easiest air-bubble removal)
c. many companies highly recommend having the pump outlet go to the CPU inlet - but this is the gray area where most people say "eh"... i run my radiator outlet to the CPU inlet and have great success this way, as do many others. The choice is yours.
d. shortest routes are usually best... for aesthetics, i have pretty long routes. But shortest tends to be the way to go!

alphakry said:
d. shortest routes are usually best... for aesthetics, i have pretty long routes. But shortest tends to be the way to go!
Not just for aesthetics.
Tubing, like everything else in the loop, adds resistance to waterflow.
Minimal perhaps, but resistance nonetheless.
More flow=good, so it stands to reason that less tubing =good also.

Beyond the mechanical aspect, tube routing is an art.
Look at pics of waterloops and some stand apart because of the elegant installation.
My favorites always seem to have minimal tubing so I always strive for less rather than more.

Besides, Tygon ain't cheap.

hmm... well i'll take all this info to mind, and try to make it short at the same time as having it with
i run my radiator outlet to the CPU inlet and have great success this way, as do many others. The choice is yours.
i'll work on it. :)

thanks for advice

hello again, just wanted to ask, how i fit the radiator into a 120mm fan slot thingy, i have a antec p180, and will cut the grill off to hang the radiator, but not sure how to :(

anyone got ideas?

hero123 said:
hello again, just wanted to ask, how i fit the radiator into a 120mm fan slot thingy, i have a antec p180, and will cut the grill off to hang the radiator, but not sure how to :(

anyone got ideas?

Maybe this will help.

Alpha, you are probably right there. I think Bio mentioned it to me and I know that guy knows his stuff so I just changed it. Didnt get any temp changes but my OC is prob the norm for a 3700+.

Back