Swiftech Customer Service ?

md262626

[H]ard|Gawd
I've written Swiftech 3 times over the past two weeks and have yet to get a reply back from them. Frankly, I was hoping their customer service was on par with their Product. I am pretty disappointed I haven't got a reply back from them. Anyone else have this experience dealing with Swiftech?

yeah, the same thing happened to me. My pump stopped working and I sent off a couple emails to them with no response. Luckily for me they are about 5 mins. from my office, so I went down there with pump in hand and they gave me a replacement.

same thing happened to me, my swiftech pump just shit the bed...

i emailed them, sent me RMA info and i sent it back and b4 they even recieved my pump, i had a new one in hand... like i was 2days TOPS w/o a pump

actually, swiftech customer service is excellent. I bought a block from a friend and he had lost the mounting for it, and as soon as i got it, i called swiftech and two days later i got everything i needed.

I bought a new HSF and dropped it bending 4 of the pins. When I went to straighten them they snapped off. Very brittle aluminum. I wanted to ask Swiftech if I could send it in for R&R of the broken pins at my expense since I dropped it or if it was an expensive paperweight? I would think Swiftech would have answered that simple question after three emails over a two week period.:mad:

I'm really surprised they haven't replied to your email. Last contact I had with them, they answered in < 24hrs.

Hello md262626

I located your e-mails.

Responses were sent to you Wed 2/4/2004 1:11 PM, and Fri 2/6/2004 2:49 PM. I am resending copies of our responses now. Let me know if you receive them.

With regards to your remark on aluminum, we use in effect the purest aluminum alloy, because it features the highest thermal conductivity. Pure AL is extremely soft indeed.

Best Regards,

Gabe

Cheers to Swiftech, it really says a lot about the company when the big President himself replies in your own thread on the forums. Glad to see everything worked out.

swiftech support rocks...

if it wasn't for them, i wouldnt' have thought of this mod:

MVC-008F.JPG

MVC-009F.JPG

Hmmmm, I was coming back to this thread to do the right thing and let everyone know Gabe (Swiftech) had responded to my emails today but it looks like Gabe beat me to it. Gabe, you need not worry. I wouldn't let Swiftech's reputation be tarnished when you did the right thing. I don't know why I never received your emails in response. I guess stranger things have happened. Anyways, just a clarification in case anyone didn't read all the way through this thread. The problem with my HSF was of my own doing not Swiftech's. I dropped it severly bending several pins. When I tried to straighten them out they snapped off *(my clumsy). I've owned at least 5 different Swiftech HSF's and am probably their biggest fan. My reason for this post was to see if anyone other than myself had had problems contacting them. That being said, my faith in Swiftech is completely restored.

Yeah I know it will, but I'm going to a case mod contest in 2 weeks where unfortunately astetics (sp) count a lot. My bad luck

Recently they seem to have improved their responsiveness. My MCP600 stopped moving water, so I contacted Swiftech. Within 3 hours they emailed me back with an RMA number and within 24 hours they shipped me a replacement pump head via UPS ground. I should get it next year sometime (Yes, UPS ground SUCKS), but hey at least they got the new part out to me. Kudos to Swiftech. Now if we can only get them to go "big time" with their production and shipping department.

Overall, Swiftech does a great job on the heatsinks and water blocks, but when it comes to mechanical things like pumps and water chillers they are average at best.

Like I mentioned I was and am a Swiftech fan. I knew the first time I saw their MC2000 that the company was QUALITY. I have yet to see any of their product that lacked quality. Sometimes when companies get outside of their "core" competencies there is a learning curve involved. I'm not saying that's the case with Swiftech because I simply don't know if they were pump "experts" before getting into the business. I can tell you this. Their commitment to quality in the machining of copper and aluminum is unsurpassed.

I'm a swiftech fan too. Don't have one on my Athlon 64 3400+ because they didn't make them when I first got my 3200+. I emailed them about availability and got a quick reply that they were comming out within the month. Just couldn't wait. I know how well their heatsinks are machined though. Bought the
MCX462-V for my Barton and was blown away by the quality and workmanship. No need to lap their heatsinks. Took me 2 hours to lap my Thermaltake to a mirror finish. The POS, just no comparison! Fact that the President responded is a mind blower and says volumes about the company they've become. Heck, now I'm tempted to pitch my thermaltake for a Swifty.:D

Yeah I was happy Gabe responded. I had emailed them 3 times over a two week period and had all but given up on hearing from them. Gabe emailed me that he replied to each of my emails, however for reasons unknown to me I NEVER received them. That's a first that has been brought to my attention. Swiftech does make a PRIMO air cooling solution. I've owned several of their products over the years, and will continue to try their new set ups as they become available.

swiftech kiks ass. i run their pelt blocks and am loving them.

MCW 5002 PT 226W and MCW50T 80W GPU pelt.

totally the shiznit

C

Originally posted by md262626
Yeah I was happy Gabe responded. I had emailed them 3 times over a two week period and had all but given up on hearing from them. Gabe emailed me that he replied to each of my emails, however for reasons unknown to me I NEVER received them. That's a first that has been brought to my attention. Swiftech does make a PRIMO air cooling solution. I've owned several of their products over the years, and will continue to try their new set ups as they become available.

I now have DSL and think that I get all my emails. Prior to that I had dialup and for about a six month period, I wasn't getting certain emails. Turns out that my isp installed something called
i-mail which filters a ton of spam plus other stuff you want to get.
Never was told by them that it existed, you had to go to their website and discover that it was there and then change the default preferences so that you could get your mail. Maybe that's why your not getting yoursl. I'd look into it. Something is definately blocking it.

of course their customer service sucks. you guys have already forgotten the whole thing with the kid and the vid card adapter bracket?

Back