Swiftech GTZ noise?

LOUISSSSS

Limp Gawd
i may be hearing a noise coming from my Swiftech GTZ block. i'm about 95% sure its coming from there since its not coming from any of my fans and i cannot stick my ear close enough to it to say 100% that its the GTZ and not my MCR320 radiator. but i'm leaning more toward the GTZ.

the sound isn't coming from my pump, nor any fans (fans turned off)

i cannot accurately say what kind of sound it is, but its something, its not a buzzing or something like air flow. maybe like a really slow spinning fan struggling for more voltage?

anyone know what this is? its either my radiator (can this thing even have any sounds?) or my CPU block (how can this have sound either? lol)

Is your loop bled of air? Tilt the case side to side and shake it to knock any air bubbles loose. Also you can tap the side of your radiator if it's at the top of the loop or its barbs are at the bottom to free up any air bubbles. My GTZ made some fizzing/popping/buzzing sounds until all the air was bled out of my loop. Now it's nice and quiet.

Yea, its noise in the block. You have a trapped air bubble in the plastic injector plate. Best way to get rid of it is to unmount your block, only power on your loop and tilt the block 90 degrees. That should get the trapped pocket out.

I haven't used it too much but my GTZ is silent unless there is an air bubble inside as stated already.

Giving your case a shake or two may help knock air bubbles loose. Or you can use magoo's suggestion and tap the block with a screwdriver, I did that to my radiator and it helped while bleeding the loop.

Back