Swiftech H20-APEX [storm + 655 + 120x2]

el rolio

2[H]4U
Swiftech™ releases High-end H20-APEX Water Cooling Kit
State-of-the-Art liquid cooling kit delivers the highest performance to die-hard enthusiasts, and silent computing users alike.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Signal Hill, CA - Wednesday July 20, 2005 - Swiftech™ today announced the release of the new H20-APEX liquid cooling kit. Designed from the ground-up to take full advantage of the Company's recently released "STORM" water-block, which has been received with unprecedented success by the enthusiast community, this next generation cooling system will satisfy both extremes of the enthusiast market spectrum: overclockers in search of the lowest CPU temperatures, and silent computing users in search of the lowest possible operating noise.
“The H20-APEX kit includes all of Swiftech’s most advanced liquid cooling products to date. It brings extreme performance and silent operations to our most demanding users, taming the most heat-intensive computing systems in the market today, and it does it without sacrificing ease of installation”, states Gabriel Rouchon, Swiftech’s Chairman. Mr. Rouchon goes on to state, “Our VP of Engineering Bill Adams stated it perfectly: You might be able to do it cheaper, but you’d be hard pressed to do it any better”.

Swiftech H20-APEX

well folks, after the storm block came out from swiftech, i wass hoping to get some configuration package choices. where originally i wanted to purchase the h20-120 rev3a kit in black, i was trying to find a way to get the kit WITH a storm block instead of the kit then having to purchase a storm block after, i mean i jsut cant afford all that or to price the parrts out separately.

so they came up with this kit. i'm pretty excited, looks good check it out.

It's pretty interesting KIT.............. :eek: I read the install instruction this morning and the dual rad hangs off the back of your case in their recomended install. Pretty slick idea and should fit any case out there. Another plus is their new radiator, much larger threads on the inlet barbs, 3/8" instead of the standard 1/4", making for much better flow.

well 3/8 some wat rite but the kit uses 7/16 tubing which is sweet!

the radiator is like a BIX II
the pump us like the D5

its a really SWEET kit...ima get 1 w/ a vga block addition of course

wow.......now they just need to switch the config on their pelt kit to use two of those new rads and they will be set for great cooling and reasonable noise.

i like the fact that they selected delta fans for the rad. the things last halfway until forever, and are just as quiet as they are saying when you under-volt them.

it would be nice if they started selling GPU blocks at a reducted price, when purchased with a kit......oh well, it's not like you can't add it after the fact, but a lott of n00bs want a "kit" and the addition of a GPU block would make this a complete, no-brainer to put up in response.

the one problem that i can see with their suggested rad mounting is that it will most likely hang down and interfere with plugging cables into the vid card and other expansion cards.

all in all, it looks great even with the issues that i predict that it will have.

Reff the radiator specs:

2-pass construction
Flat copper tubes and louvered fins core
Optimized fin-density for maximum heat dissipation at low noise
Patent-pending self-purging brass plenum chamber
M3.5 threaded fan and case-mounting holes
Slim form factor 11.2 x 5 x 1.3" (284 x 128 x 34mm)
3/8" NPT ports

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcr220.asp

yep and remember with the rad, they say and display that you get teh rad-box thing with it by defualt to allow folks to NOT have to cut the case, making it more "kittish" and acceptable to those looing to get started, maybe learn to dremel later (like me):
Given its size, the MCR220 dual 120mm radiator will not fit in most PC's without extensive modifications. While many of our enthusiast users do not mind using the dremel tool, we are happy to report to the less mechanically-enclined users that they have not be forgotten. The H20-Apex kit is shipped standard with our MCB120 "Radbox" which allows the radiator to be installed at the back of practically any mid-or full tower cases with no other modifications than a couple of holes.

CAD OC'er said:
yep it's not single pass, I meant to say it's not a dual row like the BIX..
It looks like a BIPII with revised tanks for better bleeding (barbs located in the very corners) and possible different fins.

Very nice kit. Are those pumps very loud compared to Ehiem?

DFI Daishi said:
the one problem that i can see with their suggested rad mounting is that it will most likely hang down and interfere with plugging cables into the vid card and other expansion cards.
Should not be a problem since the 120mm opening is always "above" the onboard components which is where the VGA and such live.

R1ckCa1n said:
Should not be a problem since the 120mm opening is always "above" the onboard components which is where the VGA and such live.
well, the fact that the fan opening is above the card slots is exactly the problem, as i see it. look at the picture they put up for their suggeseted install. the second 120mm portion of the rad hangs downwards into the area where all of your cards live.

DFI Daishi said:
well, the fact that the fan opening is above the card slots is exactly the problem, as i see it. look at the picture they put up for their suggeseted install. the second 120mm portion of the rad hangs downwards into the area where all of your cards live.
Still should not be a problem. Take a look at the back of your case and you will see there is room plus the box sets the radiator off the case by a few inches as well.

people are always hating on kits but no one is hatin on this 1. maybe because it has 2x120 radiator + a storm block :p

Render said:
people are always hating on kits but no one is hatin on this 1.

Well, that's probably because it's made up of the parts that most DIY purchasers would end up purchasing separately anyway.

Pretty much really is a case of "Try and do better by buying the parts separately."

Sure - could upgrade the radiator slightly, and change the fans to be lower noise items, but this is not going to buy you a whole lot.

About the only thing needed to really round out the kit is a GPU block option.

DFI Daishi said:

It's meant to be used on those cases that have the big 120mm fan behind and above the CPU socket. The radiator is offset to the side by quite a deal, leaving enough room for the video out and most expansion card ports.

Expansion cards are becoming a rare item nowadays anyway, what with SLI-boards positioning them well down below the bottom of the radiator.

I agree with the GPU option but they really need to get rid of thier AL tops. I would get maze for the GPU as it stands now.

R1ckCa1n said:
Still should not be a problem. Take a look at the back of your case and you will see there is room plus the box sets the radiator off the case by a few inches as well.
cathar, too, really.

my case uses the old 2x80mm fans one above the other.

my understanding is that the rad box can still bolt on there, which is great for mounting a single 120mm rad back there, without cutting much.

mount a dual 120mm rad using the rad box, and it DOES get in the way of my AGP card.

i was looking at adding a second rad in just that way, but when i checked it out, there was no way to make it clear everything. so, instead, i have used right angle brackets to mount my rad edge-on to the back of the case, and am routing tubing through the bottom two pci slot covers, with the divider removed.

my solution isn't pretty, but there is nothing about my computer that is. skyy: the ugly dragon.

i might post pics of the re-build sometime soon. change of ISPs and tour of the far north next week, so probably not until after that.

Ouch, that's an expensive block. You could get two (or three) Danger Den blocks for that price. The slightly better performance isn't worth the cost. I do wish I had that new pump, though.

I've got a kit on the way, should be here next week early.....................:)

Bevous said:
I've got a kit on the way, should be here next week early.....................:)
I hope you didn't order direct from swiftnets... They take some time to ship.

It's supposed to ship out tomorrow, (SUPPOSED). We'll see soon enough. I've got a good friend that's reviewing the block as we speak and needless to say the guy is in HEAVEN. I really think he'd divorce his wife before getting rid of the block..................:eek:

Bevous said:
It's supposed to ship out tomorrow, (SUPPOSED). We'll see soon enough. I've got a good friend that's reviewing the block as we speak and needless to say the guy is in HEAVEN. I really think he'd divorce his wife before getting rid of the block..................:eek:

hahahhaa thats funny. do let us see / know how it pans out when you install

Hmmmm... Now, if only they had this when I decided to start watercooling =\.

Damn, thats a really good kit...

has this kit hit the etailers yet? looks like the thing i have been waiting for.

Can you get it with 3/8" barbs will be the question or must you order each peice individually?

If you read the Swiftech link you would have seen this at the end ............. :D
H20-APEX

Complete CPU liquid kit for Intel socket 478 (Intel® Pentium® 4), socket 775 (Pentium® 4 "Prescott"), socket 603-604 (Intel® Xeon™ except "Nocona" class processors), socket 462 (AMD® Athlon®, Duron®, XP, MP), socket 754, 939, 940 (AMD® 64 bit processors)

$259.95

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/H20-APEX.asp

This kit would be perfect for the new GigaByte 3D Aurora as it has dual 120mm fan placements in the back and rubber grommeted holes in the back for tubing to enter the case from an external radiator. :)

I think the kit would be a winner if it were all 1/2 inch. Unless they also offer that and I just missed it........ Radbox is a pretty slick invention for those who don't want to cut into their cases, or don't have a behemouth case like mine. :D

this kit is pretty hard to fuck with... esp if only the cpu is in the loop.

i still want it. :)

Scroatdog said:
I think the kit would be a winner if it were all 1/2 inch. Unless they also offer that and I just missed it........

No need for 1/2" ID tubing. Makes zero performance difference. It'd be a total waste.

thank cathar, and if he really wants it i think voyuermods.com is selling it in 1/2" spec

me, i want that 3/8" lovin with mine.

like i said up top, oh how i wish i could get it with a single rad and the pump+res combo. yep. i need this SILENT and i would rather not cut the top of my case like everyone else, mostly cuz i cant cut straight and i would not be pleased. perfection or nothing at all.

Question about this kit. In 2-3 months I'm getting an Antec P180 and hopefully a crossfire or SLI setup. I'm ONLY going to be using water cooling on the CPU though. Does it make much difference with an overclock of say, a SD 3700+ with this dual 120 radiator vs. a single 120 radiator kit like Swiftech's H20-120?

I'd like a quiet yet high-performaning water kit for around $250.

Back