Swiftech MCR320 from FrozenCPU

Eibach

Limp Gawd
Hey i was wondering if this MCR320 comes with fittings or not. and if so which ones should i get i got 1/2ID tubing... thanks =)

I don't think it does (many places don't, but do offer the option for purchasing the fittings with the item).

I would, however, go to Sidewinder Computers and get it there. The MCR320-QP is a little cheaper and the shipping isn't as high. You also save a few cents on the fittings, as opposed to purchasing them separate. Link

Edit: I personally like EK High Flow barbs. They are easy to screw in and are less restrictive when I have to fit my tubing over them.

I don't think it does (many places don't, but do offer the option for purchasing the fittings with the item).

I would, however, go to Sidewinder Computers and get it there. The MCR320-QP is a little cheaper and the shipping isn't as high. You also save a few cents on the fittings, as opposed to purchasing them separate. Link

Edit: I personally like EK High Flow barbs. They are easy to screw in and are less restrictive when I have to fit my tubing over them.

thank you for your help. however i have already purchaced it from Frozen cpu. It is helpfull to know that it doesnt come with fittings before i get it(ETA 7/25/08) so do recomend a place with fast shipping that sells the EK fittings??

I believe the MCR320 has 3/8" NPT threaded hubs, but i am not sure because the site you sent me says it fits G1/4..., and I bought 1/2ID tubing.

thanks again =)

edit: would these work?? Fittings

If it does, then they'll be fine for the time being. I personally prefer metal fittings because they last a lot longer and don't leak as easily. Not to mention they're a lot stronger. ;)

If it does, then they'll be fine for the time being. I personally prefer metal fittings because they last a lot longer and don't leak as easily. Not to mention they're a lot stronger. ;)

yeah i think i just bought the EK High flow G1/4 ones =)

Yeah my mcr320 didn't come w/ fittings...had to use the ones from my mcr220. How do the metal fittings work? Are there fittings that you can disconnected and have the liquid be locked in (if that makes sense). Something a bit more elegant anyway.

Yeah my mcr320 didn't come w/ fittings...had to use the ones from my mcr220. How do the metal fittings work? Are there fittings that you can disconnected and have the liquid be locked in (if that makes sense). Something a bit more elegant anyway.

i havnt gottten them yet.. i will let you know how they are

Not that it's any big deal because you'll probably want metal "high flow" barbs anyhoo :D (much better IMO ;))

As far as barbs comin' with the rad, I have 2x MCR220's and if I remember right they didn't come with barbs (it's been quite a while since I got them, it may be different with the MCR320 and I don't remember where I ordered them from) :confused:

Good luck

I remember when I ordered an MCR220, that it came with plastic 3/8" barbs, but that may have been a special Swiftech was running. As it was pointed out, you'd want to use a set of high flow barbs instead of the stock barbs. Some nice Bitspower or DD 1/2" should do the trick. Nice "O" ring seal (don't over tighten!!!) and you are good to go.

Fittings are not included, old Swiftech rads used to have 3/8" NPT but G1/4" for all the new models now.

i bought 2 of the qp320s from newegg and neither came with barbs. I ordered the swiftech high flow barbs from petra's at like 4pm on a tuesday, usps priority shipping, they were in my mailbox that thursday.

Was just browsing through this thread thx for the Sidewinder link, just ordered some new tubing + bitspower compression fittings and bunch of other stuff. Had a question and the guy was really helpful when I called. Good etailer.

Back