Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power 3X120mm or Black Ice GT Stealth 360

Traze

Limp Gawd
I've been looking at starting a water cooling setup, and am torn on which rad to go for.

I'm sure someone has asked this, or something similar, but search is down.

Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power 3X120mm or Black Ice GT Stealth 360.

Which one and why?

They are about the same price, and I am looking for best performance. I know, they aren't made for best performance, but of the 2, which wins?

Also, if anyone knows of a good water cooling review site, piece by piece, please share XD

MCR320 most definatly.

Martin's Liquid Lab will serve you well.

I've read that the only Black Ice rad worth getting is the GTX series. Could be mis-informed, as i do not have first hand experience with them.

+2 for the MCR320

your ears will thank you when you can use lower cfm fans on the MCR compared to the tight fin compactness of the GTS.

I've got the MCR320 w/ 4 fans on it (2 deltas, 1 panaflo, 1 tuniq...all 2k rpm) cooling my Q6700 and it's been great. The fans run at 8.5V unless the cpu temp crosses 38C so it's pretty quiet. It's 103F outside right now and 82F in my room and it's idling at 39/39/37/40C - 1.51Vcore, 3.6ghz. On normal cooler days, I get well below 30C temps.

Plus w/ the radbox, it's (relatively) easy to mount on the back of my chassis.

So +1 for MCR320

MCR320, especially if you are using low to medium speed fans on it. The GT really needs high RPM fans to achieve similar results to the Swiftech.

Back