Syncmaster 172x or NEC LCD1760NX?

I've been looking for a 17" lcd, and its down to thses two. The pitch172x has a super-low response time (12ms) but a .294mm dot pitch :(
The NEC is ~$100 cheaper and it still has the 16ms response time, as well as d-sub and dvi inputs. It also has a .264 dot pitch.

Anything to help me out here is much appreciated. I'll mostly use it for gaming and web browsing, some coding, too.

Many people seem to question whether or not the 12ms rating that SAMSUNG provides for that panel is accurate. A lot of people feel its a very inflated response time. However, having not actually seen the panel, i can say nothing else.

Hey, I got the 1760NXBK today and LOVE it... just got done playing a couple hours of Deus Ex: Invisible War. ONE IMPORTANT NOTE: Order the DVI-*D* cable... the DVI-*I* cable doesn't fit... found that out the hard way, will be RMA-ing.

already on the top BUMP for wanting a 2nd screen for bigger desktop...twin LCDs would be cool...even if 1 is 3" smaller and a *few* pixels less...wish I would have waited for the 01FP instead of 00FP just because of thin bezel *also* bump...

I don't think the 172x is even pubicly released yet... atleast not to north america...

Back