System Sugestion

Devtron

Weaksauce
I dont know if this is the right forum for this, but here goes.

i have not build an Intel system sins the Pentium 3, but im about to build one now

I have been looking at the E6700 with at least 2gb ram, Geforce 8800 GTS 640mb

Now i need recomendations on what ram to get i have been looking at ram with a speed of 1066mhz (might be to high mhz, and to slow CL), recomend some ram please.
also if anyone can recomend a good motherboard.

if you think there is a CPU that is better than the E6700 please let me know,
the system can cost around 1800$ usd, (1400 Euro)

I dont know if this is the right forum for this, but here goes.

i have not build an Intel system sins the Pentium 3, but im about to build one now

I have been looking at the E6700 with at least 2gb ram, Geforce 8800 GTS 640mb

Now i need recomendations on what ram to get i have been looking at ram with a speed of 1066mhz (might be to high mhz, and to slow CL), recomend some ram please.
also if anyone can recomend a good motherboard.

if you think there is a CPU that is better than the E6700 please let me know,
the system can cost around 1800$ usd, (1400 Euro)

I suggest you get a E6600 instead, or even a E6420 if you plan to overclock since both of them can get over E6700's speed. If you don't want to overclock, then the E6700 is faster.

If you aren't planning to overclock, then I'd suggest any of the brand names with 667MHz speed. Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, OCz, GSkill, Patriot. Go with CAS 4 instead of 5, if money permits (I have a feeling it will be permitted). :p

If you aren't planning to overclock, then I'd suggest any of the brand names with 667MHz speed. Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, OCz, GSkill, Patriot. Go with CAS 4 instead of 5, if money permits (I have a feeling it will be permitted). :p

will the 667mhz give me some overclocking room, i would like some ram that will be compatible with intels next generation cpu´s and there FSB

The 667MHz RAM can take your cpu up to 3.33GHz without any OC on the RAM. It should go up to 3.4GHz easy. It is new generation ready at a 1:1 ratio.

If you are overclocking though, just go with a 800MHz pair, at least.

Well, if you're OC'ing, then 10 * 400 = 4Ghz (DDR2-800), which is almost impossible on good air cooling. Will you be using WC? The price for the higher multiplier is $100, compared to the E6600. WIth the E6600, 9 * 400 = 3.6Ghz, which is close to the chip's limit on good air cooling. Both the E6700 and E6600 (and other conroes) have about the same potential for overclocking. So, the E6700 isn't really worth its price, even though prices have dropped on it. The E6420 is also a Conroe core, and would be a great choice, too, for overclocking.

DDR2-800: G.Skill 2GBNQ (modest OC'ing kit, reaches 430-450Mhz)
DDR2-800: G.Skill 2GBHZ (great OC'ing kit, reaches 500Mhz+)... alternatives to this kit would be the Buffalo Firestix, Patriot LLK sticks, or Crucial Ballistix.
DDR2-667: Super Talent

If you go with a CPU with a high multiplier, then you don't need highly overclockable ram. If you go with a CPU with a lower multiplier, you'll be best served by highly overclockable ram. There were some Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1000 for $155AR/AC... I know I said you don't need highly OC'able sticks, but thats still a great deal on some damn good sticks of ram, lol. Check slickdeals.net for more info.

ok, this system, most likley wont be overclocking to begin with, or maybe it will that depends on the performance i can get on the first few tests and the temperture on the stock cooler,
when you say multiplyer, what core model has the 9x and 10x,
i had also been looking at the quad core,
if the e6600 and e6700 overclocks just as good, in the long run the e6700 might be better as fare as i can see, and it is only costs 50 usd or so more.

with the ram, what im looking for is just to be able to use it with the next generation of cpu´s , i know ddr3 is comming soon, but ddr2 will stil be around for a wile

now what about the CL of the ram, im having a hard time locating CL3 ddr800 at a good price, looks like i can only locate cl4, how big a performance loss will i get from CL4 to CL3.

Back