System Upgrade

CmaN3

Limp Gawd
Well guys, while my Barton and 6600GT work fine and all, l have decided that now I have a job, and as present to myself, am going to upgrade my computer. I will probably be piecing this together as I go. Here is what I was thinking:

DFI NForce4 DAGF Socket 939 Mobo
A64 3500 Venice
1gig Corsair Valueselect, PC3200
GeForce 7600GT when it comes out, or maybe just a 6800 GT.

My main question is whether or not the 3500 is worth the extra $30 over the 3200, which I have heard many people suggest. Also, is that a good motherboard, or no?

I am coming off this system and will be carrying over a few things:

Asus A7V mobo
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Barton
XFX GeForce 6600GT @ 531/1031(need to get temps before I go any higher), AGP
512 megs of OCZ Valueselect PC2700
WD Caviar 80 gig, 7200 RPM
Aspire Turbo Dreamer case
Aspire 300Watt PSU
Rosewill 500watt PSU

The Rosewill isnt in the system as of now because my case is retarded and needs a buntch of special connections that the rosewill PSU doesnt have. When I upgrade I plan to run Dual PSU... Just becuase. I will have the Rosewill running all the hardware, and the Aspire all the cooling and lights ;)

Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated. A link to said product would also be appreciated.

Thanks guys,

CC

dont use the rosewill. youre asking for a dead system.

Get a seasonic or fortron psu, ditch the 3500 and go with 3000, and get a 7800gt for $350 at ewiz.com right now (3000 is also $118).

Same budget roughly and WAY WAY WAY more performance

3200+ Venice and OC it like a mutherfucker....They will hit 2.4GHz no problem....I have my 3200+ Winchester @ 2.5GHz and its been stable through everything for several months now....

um the 3000 is known to hit 2.5-2.7ghz stock cooling average with most around 2.6ghz. Why would you even consider a more expensive chip?

CmaN3 said:
DFI NForce4 DAGF Socket 939 Mobo
A64 3500 Venice
1gig Corsair Valueselect, PC3200
GeForce 7600GT when it comes out, or maybe just a 6800 GT.

My main question is whether or not the 3500 is worth the extra $30 over the 3200, which I have heard many people suggest. Also, is that a good motherboard, or no?

Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated. A link to said product would also be appreciated.

Thanks guys,

CC
PSU: Enermax
CPU: good
Mobo good,
RAM: 1T timings would really help you out. But the value stuff is still good.
Vid: 7600? okay...

skeeder said:
PSU: Enermax
CPU: good
Mobo good,
RAM: 1T timings would really help you out. But the value stuff is still good.
Vid: 7600? okay...

I have heard rumors Nvidia is coming out with a 7600. I liked my 6600 so much, I figured I might like the new one :). But I might go with a 7800GT, but I will probably buy a used one.

As for the PSU, I already have the Rosewill... But I can always sell it.

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. I will start lookin for some of that stuff ASAP.

CC

I'd change the mobo to the nf4 ultra d if your serious about overclocking.....also get a psu that has a native 24pin atx connector....not that rosewill.

The Rosewill does have a native 24 pin ATX connector. I plan on selling it anyways. I will look into the NF4 Ultra D, Dont want to spend too much though... I have other expensive hobbys. :)

Back