t-force 6100-939 or DFI RS482?

I have 1 DFI RS482 and 2 Tforce6100-939. They are both great overclockers. All the MBs can boot into Windows at around 315-320 fsb. From reading user experenices here, Tforce6100 is somewhat of a hit-or-hit in term of max boot fsb. There is not enough feedback to say that the DFI RS482 is more consistant however.

Also the vcore is a lot more stable with the RS482. It shows a flat line at anywhere lower than 1.45 volt vs the Tforce tends to fluctuate as much as 0.1v at that range. With the same Opteron 144 chip, the RS482 can do 2.8ghz at 1.4v (stock). But the same chip on the Tforce6100, the vcore has to move up to 1.425 (and 1.45 for the second Tforce) in order to have a stable system.

RS482 is around $20-25 more than Tforce, but it comes with optical sound output and DVI-D/component/s-video/VGA output and 8 channel sound.

EDIT: RS481 chipsets are running cool even when OC'ed. Not the case with Tforce.

thx for the feedback buzzly. I just sent my t-force6100-939 back mainly because the onboard ethernet wasn't working. I heard they fixed this problem, however, i did notice that the board was undervolting my processor quite a bit(it took v1.45 to get v1.39). I hear the DFI has some usb problems but it doesn't sound too serious(know anything about this?). Also heard that the vcore was locked at 1.5 volts for opterons, but i dont plan on overclocking over that anyways and i also heard some beta bioses fixed this issue. Ya so I've decided to get the DFI board because it sounds more stable. know of any other problems with the dfi?

taco1435 said:
thx for the feedback buzzly. I just sent my t-force6100-939 back mainly because the onboard ethernet wasn't working. I heard they fixed this problem, however, i did notice that the board was undervolting my processor quite a bit(it took v1.45 to get v1.39). I hear the DFI has some usb problems but it doesn't sound too serious(know anything about this?). Also heard that the vcore was locked at 1.5 volts for opterons, but i dont plan on overclocking over that anyways and i also heard some beta bioses fixed this issue. Ya so I've decided to get the DFI board because it sounds more stable. know of any other problems with the dfi?

The DFI board is damn stable. Beta bios unlocks volts for opties. Giga ethernet is great, sound is great. 1 Pro and thats slower USB transfer and unless you have like 6 usb external HDs its not a problem.

im also in the same situation, not sure which one to get. :confused: other than the USB performance, is there any other reason to choose the NV chipset over the ATI? any stability issues with the ati chipset?

Wrench00 said:
The DFI board is damn stable. Beta bios unlocks volts for opties. Giga ethernet is great, sound is great. 1 con and thats slower USB transfer and unless you have like 6 usb external HDs its not a problem.

No other downsides I can think of Unless you want SLI. I run winxp64 absolutly no problems thus far.

Also, you have 4 SATA ports on the DFI, and "only" 2 on the Biostar. Doesn't the Biostar have PureVideo? That would be an advantage. But you are probably going to use a video card, so that is no advantage anymore...

Do you guys have some information about the Epox motherboard? How does it compare to the DFI and Biostar in terms of overclocking?

Only thing I seem to recall is that the DFI sata connectors are only sata150, and evidently they do not support NCQ. (Limitation of the SB450(?) Southbridge)

I forget if the tforce boards offer NCQ on their connectors or not.

The problem with the RS482 is that SATA/USB/IEEE/audio is supposed to be worse than the nForce4-based boards. That's really the only drawback.

Back