T41, mini pci, built in antenna

Proneax

Limp Gawd
So im thinking of getting a t41 from ibms certified pre-owned selection, but it doesn't come with a wireless card for some reason.

My question is: if I put a mini pci wireless card in it will it be able to hook up to the antenna that si built into the monitor?

thanks.

you shouldn't have any problem.

I bought an X31, then added an 802.11ABG card from Provantage.com (they had the best price). I upgraded my T41P from the 802.11b card to the ABG card that was in the X31.

how much are you paying for the laptop? because if you are paying more than 800CDN you SHOULD be getting an B/G wireless card at the very min, A/B/G should be on anything higher than $2500. since the new sonoma platforms everything has droped in price

i bought my t41 without wireless and upgraded later. when you open it up to install the card there will be two antenna attachements(one runs up each side of the lcd) No problem at all. dont be afraid to push down a little on the antenna ends to get them to snap onto the card though.

the order or wires DO matter, i believe the white wire is Primary and the black wire is Secondary (you will see the connector on card written pri and sec) i tried flippingit around and the wireless signal was crap, i couldn't keep a stable connection but when i fliped them around it was like being plugged in with a cable.

cool thanks guys.

The price is about 1100 US$

its a 1.6 with 512megs of ram a 40 gig hdd and gig-e
here

is there somewhere I can get a thinkpad with those specs for less?

Back