Tablet PC Recs

Dark Ember

[H]ard|Gawd
First off...

Thank god the forums are back!!

Anyway, my girlfriend is wanted to get a tablet pc, and I know nothing about them. So, I was wondering if you guys might have any suggestions as to what good ones are out there. She was looking at the little 10" Acer one, so something with about a 10" display or so... nice and small. Thanks!

(ah yes, fianlly able to get my forum fix...)

I Love my TC1100, infact posting with it right now. Had the best combination of features when it came out (Specs in my sig)

It cost me about $2,300 when it came out, but i bet you can find them for 2k now.

Check out www.tabletpcbuzz.com for all the info on tablets. Also their forums are great for TPCs!

I'm trying to decide if I want a convertible tablet like the Toshiba Portege or a slate like the HP. Anyone have any experience with both?

Rombus said:
\
Check out www.tabletpcbuzz.com for all the info on tablets. Also their forums are great for TPCs!

Sweet site, thanks for the link!

and laban, I would rather have a convertible one, so I could use it like a laptop when i wanted to. Slates seem to restricted to me. But, like I said, its not like i really have experience with either

NP on the link, just passing along the nugget of knowledge I got 2 years ago from [H]

As for Conv/Slate:

Another reason i chose the TC1100 was the detachable keyboard, seemed like the best solution. A majority of the time i use it in convertible mode (Simply because im not in class, and i haven’t gotten use to using ink for everything) but when im in class, I can disconnect the keyboard and use just the slate, and it does make a big difference size wise. In slate mode its a pound lighter and a lot easier to hold.

If the TC1100 wasnet an option, i would still look for one with a removable keyboard, Motion has one where the keyboard is the screen protector. If i couldnet get one with the removable kb, i know i would have to get a convertible, I just use the KB way too much :D

Back