TeamGroup 2TB NVMe TLC w/ DRAM $80

Yummy... Tempted to pick up a 4tb but i feel like there's more room for that to drop, maybe another $30-40 and I don't need it immediately.
Yea I agree, I feel that prices might drop a little more, but not by much. I picked up the 2TB model because I can't imagine those will go much lower than $80!

Yea I agree, I feel that prices might drop a little more, but not by much. I picked up the 2TB model because I can't imagine those will go much lower than $80!
I don't think there's much room for the <2TB drives to drop when they're already cheaper than DRAMless options but the 4TB might. I've been debating picking up a drive or two with the prices down as they are.

Great price for TLC/Dram. Couldn't really care less about it being Gen3, seeing as how that won't be detrimental to almost every use case for these things. I think it's time at add a 2nd 4tb drive to my mobo :D

I'm tempted to return the Intel 670p now. It's only $7 more and I haven't even opened the Intel drive yet.

I have a gen 3 mobo. Will this be pretty speedy for a gen 3? I'd be using it for my OS and gaming. I have an old 500 gb Adata NVME that works just fine but I keep having to uninstall games to install new ones as I'm out of space. I'm willing to pay more for a speedier gen 3 but I don't know if it would make a noticeable difference for my use cases.

Mine is an XPG SX8200. Specs claim same speed as the TeamGroup drive, but I have never gotten anywhere near the claimed speeds on CrystalDisk

I have a gen 3 mobo. Will this be pretty speedy for a gen 3? I'd be using it for my OS and gaming. I have an old 500 gb Adata NVME that works just fine but I keep having to uninstall games to install new ones as I'm out of space. I'm willing to pay more for a speedier gen 3 but I don't know if it would make a noticeable difference for my use cases.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14331/the-team-group-mp34-512gb-ssd-review

Not the best, not perfect, but there's nothing to complain about, especially at the current prices.

For those who have ran out of NVMe slots, here's a 2TB SATA SSD for only $60. It's TLC and has DRAM. 4TB model is $160.
https://www.newegg.com/silicon-power-2tb-ata-600/p/0D9-0021-00134
Looks like it's an SLC cache. Still not bad given the price and at least it's TLC.
https://www.techpowerup.com/ssd-specs/silicon-power-ace-a55-1-tb.d1272

Crazy... only a little more than a 2TB SATA spinner!!
We're slowly getting there.... now we need the low priced LARGE capacity drives to keep dropping...
About time. Now it's a reasonable proposition to go SSD only if you don't need a significant amount of storage.

Last edited:
Buy 4. RAID0. 8TB game drive.

4xA55_SSD_RAID0 05222023.png

Give me price parody with the 4TB spinners I bought for $50 a decade ago :(
I mean how can a large metal fully mechanical drive be once sold at such prices but a small chunk of plastic STILL cost so much more.
Rant aside good price thanks OP.

Back