Tearing in Quicktime HD files?

gazza_new

Limp Gawd
How comes I see tearing alot of in Quick time HD files but not in other movie files?

HD files are more demanding. Maybe your videocard just can't handle it. Try the 720p files instead of the 1080p.

Anything that plays shittime files on a Windows PC won't fully use your graphics card's hardware to render the video and so you get tearing and choppiness. Even if you force vsync to on, you may not get round the problems since that may only apply to 3D apps/hardware overlay usage.

Sorry i've got a 7900GTX. It's not the 1080P as 720P stuff also does it!

It only seems to be quick time!

I have the same problem with QT. VLC plays my other 1080p (like Band of Brothers!) stuff beautifully...

[edit] Also, I play with a Radeon x1900xtx...

I've always noticed this in Quicktime (the trailers mostly) no matter the resolution. I've always found it odd.

I lose the dialogue track on most HD QT movie trailers too (as well as the tearing).. but the other audio channels are crisp & clean.. odd indeed

aggressor said:
I've always noticed this in Quicktime (the trailers mostly) no matter the resolution. I've always found it odd.

dont use quicktime crap..

get quicktime alternative (google it) and use the included medi aplayer. I dont have any of these "tearing" issues.

I've noticed the purevideo dvd decoder will screw up your video playback if its trial expires. If you have installed the trial of purevideo and you haven't purchased it remove it and see if that does the trick. For the record I've never had a problem with quicktime. At least not until my purevideo trial expired. ;-)

Any resolution to this? I've always noticed the same thing when using Quicktime. HD files especially show a lot of tearing even when playing 720p.

Sorry but all codec packs have a tendency of ruining pc's. Your installing tons of unneeded codecs which adds to your registry and sometimes they just don't play nice. It's just a collection of codecs so instead do a search see if there is a better version of said codec.

Purevideo decoder works well accelerating and decoding the video though if you want to pay for it then it helps. It's so great that I watched my cpu usage indicater drop to 0 a lot of times while playing back high bitrate high def WMV's. Also it helped in quicktime and took away the slices.

psychoace said:
Sorry but all codec packs have a tendency of ruining pc's. Your installing tons of unneeded codecs which adds to your registry and sometimes they just don't play nice. It's just a collection of codecs so instead do a search see if there is a better version of said codec.

Purevideo decoder works well accelerating and decoding the video though if you want to pay for it then it helps. It's so great that I watched my cpu usage indicater drop to 0 a lot of times while playing back high bitrate high def WMV's. Also it helped in quicktime and took away the slices.

I've never had any of the issues you listed with this codec pack.

Even in VLC i get this problem with the 480P HD QT video, what the heck?

I am only running a 5600 right now though. Traded my 6800GT agp for PCI-E one in prep for upgrading.

Back