Tech Tour Bundles still available!

n64man120

2[H]4U
I just got an email 8 minutes ago, from AMD Tech Tour, saying they got more stock of these in and they are being sold first come first serve. Available to people who went to the shows in East Brunswick, Seattle, Boston, and Vancouver. I think I might have to jump on this :D

They ran out at the seattle one, so maybe they ordered too many the 2nd time around and are sitting on a few.

n64man120 said:
I just got an email 8 minutes ago, from AMD Tech Tour, saying they got more stock of these in and they are being sold first come first serve. Available to people who went to the shows in East Brunswick, Seattle, Boston, and Vancouver. I think I might have to jump on this :D

Crap, I can't access the email from work. I hope they don't sell out by the time I get home.

They probably won't run out very soon. They did this for the earlier shows as well. The downside is that you have to pay shipping.

werid i went to east brunswick and no mail for me... where is the love?!

If someone gets an offer for a bundle and can't use it and is willing to help a guy out drop me a PM.

Spectre said:
If someone gets an offer for a bundle and can't use it and is willing to help a guy out drop me a PM.

lol...yeah...what he said....I would love to be able to pick one up...After Spectre of course :D

n64man120 said:
just the desktop bundle or the server bundle too?

how com they dont come to SF??!?!? :mad:

many a computer technology trade shows happens here...

would have killed for one of those server bundles

I picked up the desktop bundle at the show last month. One of my friends who also preordered forgot his credit card, so he couldn't pick it up that day. A couple days later, he got an e-mail saying that they can ship his bundle to him for $30!! What a rip off price for somethign that doesn't even weigh 10 lbs. or take up much shape. Not only that, it wasn't even overnight shipping, meaning that it would've taken about a week for him to receive it. So he wound up canceling his order.

So the moral of this story is expect shipping to cost $30 and don't expect to get the bundle right away.

Dude can you post a link that you got in the email? I never got to order a bundle cause they sold out too fast. I want to get a server bundle and possibly a desktop bundle?

Thanks man!

beowulf7 said:
So the moral of this story is expect shipping to cost $30 and don't expect to get the bundle right away.

Meh, the cost of the components are worth more than the original cost +$30. I understand that your friend is annoyed, but get over it. :eek:

What is the show code? I was going to try ordering the Opteron bundle, but the page prompts 'Please enter a valid show code from the Tech Tour event you attended and click "Next"'

The confirmation email and the badge I got from the Burbank show don't have a "show code."

The most recent email about if your eligible to recieve a bundle included the code. I'll sell mine for $30, PM if interested :D

vbrtrmn said:
Meh, the cost of the components are worth more than the original cost +$30. I understand that your friend is annoyed, but get over it. :eek:
That may be true. But if someone doesn't care about Windows x64, he'd basically be paying $280 for Asus A8N-E motherboard and 3200+ Venice chip (retail). That's still a little better than what one can get on the Internet, but not by much. Instead, he wound up keeping his motherboard and got a 3000+ Venice OEM chip for $120 and in effect, saved $130.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
how com they dont come to SF??!?!? :mad:

many a computer technology trade shows happens here...

would have killed for one of those server bundles

They went to Sunnyvale at their headquarters. That's your area. Too bad you couldn't make the drive.
:p

No joke why would they go to SF when they can go to Sunnyvale?

As for getting the bundles. You can get the bundles if you attended any of their shows, not just the listed ones. I went to Sunnyvale and they were out of desktop bundles so all I got was the desktop one. So I sent them an email and they said no problem we'll send you out a server bundle. Didn't need a coupon code or a invitation or nothin. No need to pay $30 for a coupon code you don't need. Just send them an email.

The bundle I got was in perfect shape unlike the sad beat up ones they gave out at the show. A coworker of mine got the server bundle out of the truck and it looked like it had been dropped kicked across the parking lot a few times.

Beware though that they ship these things DHL/Airborne. Great carrier but these guys will just leave the bundle sitting outside your front door. Luckily no one stole mine.

Back