Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Nurse said:
Check to make sure those Panaflo's actually work if plugged directly into the MB header. There are reports that some Panaflo's do not have RPM sensing even though they have three wires. :eek: Get a cheapie 3 wire fan and see if that shows up in your Aquaero.

Okay thanks ! I just can't believe that a 20 dollar fan wouldn't have an RPM sensor built in even though it shows 3 pins..

Top Nurse said:
Forgot to mention that a jig saw with a metal cutting blade works better than the Dremel cut-off saw routine. Though the dremel works better at cutting the corners by using the side of the disc. Make sure you use the reinforced wheels, eye protection, respirator, long sleeves, and some kind of gloves! Helps to use a 6" Dial Calipers to accurately center the template.

While using the metal cutting bit on my dremel I found that one of my ears was killing me from the noise, some ear plugs might not be a bad idea either. I will definitely be using them next time I break out the dremel.

I just called over to Sharka and the 300+ lbs of Aqua Computer gear just showed up in their warehouse from LAX + das Silber blocks. :D Avoid the mobs converging in Huntington Beach today and use their webshop! The police were called into direct traffic and subdue the crazy water coolers who have been chanting Sharka Sharka Sharka :eek: When R1ckCain gets there he usually whips the mob into a feeding frenzy ;) E-mail them for the new A-C stuff mentioned in this post as it usually takes a few days for them to take pics and get the html pages up.

Top Nurse said:
I just called over to Sharka and the 300+ lbs of Aqua Computer gear just showed up in their warehouse from LAX + das Silber blocks. :D Avoid the mobs converging in Huntington Beach today and use their webshop! The police were called into direct traffic and subdue the crazy water coolers who have been chanting Sharka Sharka Sharka :eek: When R1ckCain gets there he usually whips the mob into a feeding frenzy ;) E-mail them for the new A-C stuff mentioned in this post as it usually takes a few days for them to take pics and get the html pages up.
Yay, hopefully I should get my aqua FX2 blocks get shipped out soon so I can have it to tinker around with during the weekend.

Cool, Glad their stuff arrived. Hopefully my order will ship soon.

TN: How late are they open for walk-in customers?

Yellowsnow17 said:
Cool, Glad their stuff arrived. Hopefully my order will ship soon.

TN: How late are they open for walk-in customers?
Yeah, just call ahead. They like CASH!

I believe some shipped today and the rest will ship tomorrow. Have no idea which ones shipped today, but I suspect it was the less complicated ones as they like to go over all the big orders to make sure everything is copasetic.

I talked to richard and wes last night, they said the UPS guy was pertty mad monday when he had to squeeze boxes full of AC gear into an already full truck! lol I got my evo external mount and like 10 fittings and tubing to play with . :D :D I don't think they have finished taking all the website pictures so if your looking at purchasing ahead of the pack, give them a call..

edit: "If someone is looking for a good deal on a new twinplex with nforce 3,4 mounts for chipsets, I have got one that didn't fit my mobo because its a DFI and no room between the two graphics cards."

That DFI board is a POS. I hear that those boards won't fit SLI even with the stock cooler :eek: Just say NO to DFI....Asus all the way :D

Top Nurse said:
That DFI board is a POS. I hear that those boards won't fit SLI even with the stock cooler :eek: Just say NO to DFI....Asus all the way :D

No way! DFI all the way! It will fit SLI just doesn't fit the twinplex because of its closer design . The overclocking features on that board blows all other boards out of the water including the asus. I can boot almost all the way up to 400 fsb with it, when I had my system running..

are aqua tubes 1/8 or 3/8? i wana see if i can hook up one of those BIX rads taht are on sale

Damn it. Just got an email from Sharka asking me why I ordered 8x1 compression fittings with my A-C blocks and if I'd use P&C instead. They told me that they didnt order any 8x1 fittings this time out, yet when I put them in my cart to order, they were in stock at the time of order.

Top Nurse, you know anything about this?

lemmy said:
are aqua tubes 1/8 or 3/8? i wana see if i can hook up one of those BIX rads taht are on sale

They are G 1/8 = 1/8 BSPP = 6mm push-fit, 8mm compression, and 10mm hose barb. However, you can get the compression, push-fit, and barb style fittings with a G 1/4 thread size. G 1/4 = 1/4 BSPP :)

Top Nurse said:
You are on crack. I have that board and it not only fits SLI, it overclocks like no other. The Asus board is a plain vanilla board compared to the DFI part.

R1ckCa1n said:
You are on crack. I have that board and it not only fits SLI, it overclocks like no other. The Asus board is a plain vanilla board compared to the DFI part.

Haven't smoked any crack for 15-20 years now so maybe I had a crack flash? ;) I don't have the board, but a few friends do and they say that they can't get the 2nd card in without it hitting even the stock cooler. :eek: Since the last time I talked to you haven't you been running an ATi card?

DeadByDawn said:

Well the first word is that the 7800 supposedly has the same physical layout as the 6800's do if they are made on the reference design layout. But I suppose we will always be playing catchup in the water cooling end of things so we will have to see once someone gets one and tries it out. ;)

The pic's of the new TwinPlex Pro cooler will be posted to the A-C site in the next few days. Once that happens I can post an image here on this site as well. :D

Top Nurse said:
Haven't smoked any crack for 15-20 years now so maybe I had a crack flash? ;) I don't have the board, but a few friends do and they say that they can't get the 2nd card in without it hitting even the stock cooler. :eek: Since the last time I talked to you haven't you been running an ATi card?
Yes but two X850XTPE's fit in the crossfire DFI board which is the same PCI-E / PCI layout as the NF4 version so anything will fit. If anything, they are too far apart.

Does anyone know if the AquaGra FX 6800 R.2 waterblock will fit on my 7800GTX's?

Really like my DFI sli board. Had an asus board 6+yrs ago and the thing died on me. Asus is stable today and has a good rep, but isnt for the tweaker. If I'm going watercooled, I want a overclocker board......aka DFI.

Who watercools running stock speeds? Seems wasteful.

I have one of the version 3.5 controllers with revision 1.31 firmware in front of me. There are positive and negative points here. If you liked the ability to change the colors of the LED's you will be unhappy as they soldered in the LED's to the board. There is no socket, but I suspect that was done to keep the LED's from making a loose contact and possibly reporting a bad board when there was nothing wrong with it. The positive part is that now the unit has an extra 2 pin x 3 connector block. By varying the # 1 & # 2 pin connections you can get the following overclock changes in the Hz rate of the 9 volt AC motor:

49 Hz = standard
56 Hz
63 Hz
70 Hz

If you have an Aquaero you will need to remove ALL the jumpers! The Aquaero still allows 1 Hz adjustments to flow. The unit comes set at a default of 49 Hz so they are immediately usable as stock with the Aquaero. Pin # 3 is now used for the deaeration mode.

Top Nurse said:
Since you seem to have them both how about you telling us? ;)

I cancelled my order on the Aquagra FX because I changed my plans to getting 7800's. And I assumed they would not fit and didnt want to waste time returning them....If they are even refundable?

J-M-E said:
I cancelled my order on the Aquagra FX because I changed my plans to getting 7800's. And I assumed they would not fit and didnt want to waste time returning them....If they are even refundable?

I think in this case they would be returnable, but ask Wes first. I asked Franz today about this and he said the 7800's were supposedly on the same reference design as the 6800's so they should fit correctly. Asus seems to be one of the few manufacturer's that does not follow reference designs so in their case I would say caveat emptor ;)

Top Nurse said:
I think in this case they would be returnable, but ask Wes first. I asked Franz today about this and he said the 7800's were supposedly on the same reference design as the 6800's so they should fit correctly. Asus seems to be one of the few manufacturer's that does not follow reference designs so in their case I would say caveat emptor ;)

Thx nurse. Im buying BFGs, so it should fit. Ill get 2 Aquagra FX and let you all know :D

R1ckCa1n said:
I plan to use the cuplex northbridge block on my 7800GTX, which comes Friday. :p
Don't you have a board capable of running two cards? I am very curious to see what these things can do in SLI mode.

It's only money and you can not take it with you. Buy two of those puppies and you will be set! :p Naw seriously, post some benchies when you get it.

cypher22 said:
Really like my DFI sli board. Had an asus board 6+yrs ago and the thing died on me. Asus is stable today and has a good rep, but isnt for the tweaker. If I'm going watercooled, I want a overclocker board......aka DFI.

Who watercools running stock speeds? Seems wasteful.
People are saying good things about the Asus A8N-SLI PREMIUM. It's out now and they are singing its praises over at Xtremesystems. The 250/1T issue is no longer an issue. This new board is a screamer.

R1ckCa1n said:
I plan to use the cuplex northbridge block on my 7800GTX, which comes Friday. :p

What happened to the CostFire? ;) I'm in need of some 6800 cards, do you think you could help a fellow modder with a welfare sale? :D

BTW, I think Wes will exchange your Aquaero as he had 4 of the version 4 w 3.99D firmware in stock when I picked up my new order Tuesday. He was planning on flashing them to the latest firmware if he got a chance before he shipped them.

ShoNuff said:
People are saying good things about the Asus A8N-SLI PREMIUM. It's out now and they are singing its praises over at Xtremesystems. The 250/1T issue is no longer an issue. This new board is a screamer.

As has been said for a long time now....never buy an Asus version 1 of anything they make. :(

Top Nurse said:
As has been said for a long time now....never buy an Asus version 1 of anything they make. :(

True Dat! Where were you six months ago? I took the plunge and purchased the premium board. I really hope it gets here by Friday. I am going to play with it and a 3000+ Venice to see what she can do. :cool:

ShoNuff said:
True Dat! Where were you six months ago? I took the plunge and purchased the premium board. I really hope it gets here by Friday. I am going to play with it and a 3000+ Venice to see what she can do. :cool:

Not following my own advice and buying an Asus A8N-SLI :( So what is the difference between the version 1 and the version 2? If it is the "fixed" firmware I will never buy another Asus anything again...

Top Nurse said:
What happened to the CostFire? ;) I'm in need of some 6800 cards, do you think you could help a fellow modder with a welfare sale? :D
Costfire will be bought when it is available. I have a bad feeling it will be upward of four months before I can get my hands on a costfire board and R520 so the 7800GTX will hold me over.

Top Nurse said:
BTW, I think Wes will exchange your Aquaero as he had 4 of the version 4 w 3.99D firmware in stock when I picked up my new order Tuesday. He was planning on flashing them to the latest firmware if he got a chance before he shipped them.
I hope you are right as I miss my Aquaero. :(

Top Nurse said:
Not following my own advice and buying an Asus A8N-SLI :( So what is the difference between the version 1 and the version 2? If it is the "fixed" firmware I will never buy another Asus anything again...

"Fixed" is a dirty word in the mobo business and is seldom used. Let's just say the "Premium" board is supposed to be everything we thought the "Deluxe" version was supposed to be. Officially Asus is saying little more than the Deluxe uses a daughtercard that bridges the SLI slots, while the Premium uses a chip. Other than that, the features are identical. Anecdotal reports on the web say this board is very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back