Tell me what to buy lol

RiZnO

Gawd
There is a Linksys e3000 attached to the cable modem. I have been using a 54g wrt tmobile with ddwrt to act as a bridge between e3000 and my htpc/xbox 360. I want to move up to N speeds, I have been eyeballing the wet610 but I'd have to buy a switch with it, which kinda rubs me the wrong way. I need advice. Anyone have recommendations on a good bridge with lan ports? Im under the impression that using a bridge would offer higher performance than using the 360's wifi and buying a pci wifi adapter for the htpc...?

thanks

I guess what bothers me about those is the fact that you have to buy a hub/switch to go with them. Maybe ddwrt on a N router turned into a bridge is the way to go.

I guess what bothers me about those is the fact that you have to buy a hub/switch to go with them. Maybe ddwrt on a N router turned into a bridge is the way to go.

why do you need a hub or switch? a wireless bridge connects to a wireless network and then passes the signal over ethernet to the device in this case the xbox 360.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are wanting to do, but I thought you were trying to upgrade the wireless connection on your 360 to wireless N. This device will do that, no hub or switch required... :confused:

edit: oh, the htpc and xbox 360, 2 devices, I got ya... yeah, you would need a hub or switch then or get 2 of those. most routers can work in bridge mode.

60 bux for the wrt400n on ne now so I may bite on that. Need to scour fs/t before i pull the trigger though, thanks.

Back