tell me what you think of my rig im going to build for my bro

thebro

Gawd
my brother just returned his lappy and now wants a 1337 desktop, so i have 1700 to spend on a pc.

he is a "xtreme internet surfer:D :rolleyes: " and will some times play a game but he is hardly a fps gamer, also he doesnt care about eye candy in games. mostly he will be using adobe ps, ill., and auto cad 2003.

he wants a pc that will last for a couple years. he also wants all of the cool shit in a pc like dvd burner and what not. also he hates leds and ccfls and he thinks that they are very "homosexual". and one thing he wanted was a ok looking case with no window and i had the drives full so there are no covers.

my new egg list

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishHistoryReview.asp?position=HISTORY&submit=VIEW&ID=709628

what do yall think?

i have a nice 21inch crt im giving to him too

about the cooling, i really dont know what to put with the prescott and i'm not going down to a c because of "heat"

his computer is ment to be quiet so i thought wc might be good.

oh.. well.... just copy my link and put your number at the end. cuz the link you gave us requires us to be logged into your account in order to veiw it

hmm lemme seeeeee....

holy shit, you've gone nuts....
2 52x32x52 burners
a 52x32x52x16 dvd combo
AND a DVD burner....

lose the 2 extra burners and stealth the drives... unless you want to give me one...

does he really need 2 floppy's?? get him a 3.5 fan conroller instead

ditch the samsung drive and go pick up a WD 250 gig for 160 from CC or PM it to another store

the GMX speakers suck compared to the THX

prescott = hott

the Tt WC setup needs a Xaser II or Xaser III case to be used, unless you want to mod it to fit that case you chose

he wanted all of the drive bays full

he needs a floppy drive but not two

point me in the direction of some cool fancontrolers that dont have too many flahing leds and strobes and what not

if i get just the 2 drives then i need stuff to go in 2 cd bays and 1 floppy bay

i have 2 E's and i know there hot:rolleyes:

thats why i got a wc kit for him/ also becasue its quiet

what speakers are you talking about. thats the max i will pay for sound

Definatly ditch the 2 cdrw drives, Fill one 5.25 with a temp monitoring device, or mabey a port replicator for usb/firewire input and headphones output etc.. Also you could add something like a harddrive cooler that fits there.

As for the extra 3.5, get a fan controller or mabey a zip drive. If he wants the bays to be filled up and least put them to use instead of running multiple drives which wont be used ever.

can some one point me on some cool drive coolers and temp monitors that are black?

and a fan controler that will fit in a 3 1/2in bay

lmao, why does he think that leds are homo? lmao lolllllllll
yeah it looks like a good setup:D

he is a person who doent like that crap i guess

he hates ricer cars and ricer computers

i really dont like all of those lights myself. i do have a window but i dont have any lights cept for my fugly otes on my ic7-max 3

anywho

links?

Can't blame him. I hate the rice look in both cars and computers. Over done LEDs and lights in a computer case = Lame

The Thermaltake Aquarius II sucks. Either save some money, and get some good aircooling that will probably do better than that, or save up a little more and get real watercooling. At that level you'd be better off ditching the Prescott and getting a Northwood and good, quiet aircooling.

If you're going to get a Prescott, it's going to run hot, because 1, Precotts are just hot, and 2, you'll have to overclock it past 3.6 ghZ to make it run as fast as a northwood clock-for-clock (which might be hard to do with a 2.8). Look at some of the Danger Den kits, they aren't much more than that, and they rock.

I'd save some money on all of the little CD drives, and take the money and upgrade the 9600 to a 9800 pro. If he wants all of the bays filled, mod some switches into one of the empty drive bay covers or something.

Oh yeah, and that case is ugly :p

Back