Temp issues with IC7 Max3

Dark79

Limp Gawd
Ok, so I know the board is off around 10 degrees or so with temp reporting. But my problem is that between idle and load I'm seeing 15-30 spike in temps. At idle I'm at 40C (so around 30C when you subtract the extra 10 degrees). When I run Prime95 I hit 67C (again, around 57C). Even if I'm not running Prime and my processor usage goes above 80 my temps will go from 40 to 60. I'm new to overclocking and I have my 2.4C at 3.2 but would that warrant such a spike in my temps?

On an unrelated note, anyone with this board have USB issues? I have a flash card reader connected to a USB header. When I shutdown the computer, the power light on the reader stays on. If I unplug the cable from the back of the reader and reconnect it, it turns off and stays off. I find this really weird since I have a LCD (Matrix Orbital) connected the same way and it shuts off when the computer does.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dark79 said:
Ok, so I know the board is off around 10 degrees or so with temp reporting. But my problem is that between idle and load I'm seeing 15-30 spike in temps. At idle I'm at 40C (so around 30C when you subtract the extra 10 degrees). When I run Prime95 I hit 67C (again, around 57C). Even if I'm not running Prime and my processor usage goes above 80 my temps will go from 40 to 60. I'm new to overclocking and I have my 2.4C at 3.2 but would that warrant such a spike in my temps?

On an unrelated note, anyone with this board have USB issues? I have a flash card reader connected to a USB header. When I shutdown the computer, the power light on the reader stays on. If I unplug the cable from the back of the reader and reconnect it, it turns off and stays off. I find this really weird since I have a LCD (Matrix Orbital) connected the same way and it shuts off when the computer does.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thats quite a jump between idle and load. My rig in sig goes from 47 idle to ~65C and thats with a hotter prescott. What hsf are u using? the stock one? Are you using the 16 or above bios? the 16 bios reduced temps 4/5C for me and the 17 does the same.

Don't know how related this is to your usb issue but I used to have problems with my usb mouse. Sometimes I would reboot the comp and the mouse wouldn't light up and work in windows. Funnily enough I haven't encountered this issue again since changing cases about 3 weeks ago.

Right now I'm using a Vantec Aerocool (I think that's the name :p ) until I have enough cash for a new HSF. But I also used the same cooler in my last mobo and didn't see that kind of jump, but then again it was an Intel so I couldn't OC. When I get home I'll try to set everything back at default and run Prime and see if I get the same spike.

Back