Temperature reporting from Speedfan on a Asus P5B

Biggles604

Weaksauce
I have a P5B (vanilla) and am going through the paces of OCing, but in Speedfan, there is an extra temperature that I can't figure out, I have "Core 0" and "Core 1" which are the core temps that the CPU Temp application picks up on, but there is also a "CPU" temperature report that is consistently 10C higher. Anyone know what it is?

That CPU temp is bogus... there are only 2 sensors on a C2D (in the cores) the CPU temp sensor is based on your core temps, but is virtual as far as I know. Download coretemp and see if it compares to speedfan for your core temps. They are all you need to be concerned about (for the CPU anyway).

That's what I figured after using coretemp (I called it CPU temp in my original post).
I was trying to figure out where the reading is coming from, since it seems stable, and doesn't reference anything else.

BTW, your OC guide is awesome. I'll be lapping my CPU this weekend. I can't believe how cool C2Duo's are. I'm running the vanilla P5B and an original 6300 (bought when it first hit the market). Right now I'm playing around with it at 7x366=2.56GHz, and it's only at 41C load without lapping or properly optimised Vcore.

Back