Ten Star Wars Videogame Classics

I think the only reason X-Wing made the list compared to TIE-Figher was because of the Death Star battle in the first game. Coming up on the massive Death Star and surviving to make it to the trench, let alone blow the damned thing up, was an impressive feat. I could never do it (though I was a kid -- maybe I should hunt my copy down and see how I fare these days).

Though I do agree that TIE-Figher was a good game, I enjoyed BoP and X-Wing Alliance more. Battling a SSD was sick, as was the second Death Star attack with the Millennium Falcon. What did TIE-Figher have again??

Shadows of the Empire.

^^OMG this!

I remember renting that game several times at my local grocery store just to beat the game. I eventually bought a game guide to help me through some of the levels.

On a side note, I remember playing Super Star Wars when I was staying at my grandpa's house between moving. Beat the game in a short time frame (4 hours I think). One of the very few games I've beat in my lifetime which is sad honestly. Most games nowadays leave me bored to where I rarely try finishing the game.

I really hope they make a battlefront 3, I loved the first two. Or a new jedi knight, Academy was one of the funnest games I ever played.

I think the list needs more room for Rouge Leader (The Gamecube launch title) and Dark Forces 2. Dark Forces 2 was a landmark FPS game, not just a good Star Wars game.

And keep in mind, I'm VERY tired of Star Wars and would have no problems playing those games again.

X-Wing and Jedi Knight are quite possibly the best Star Wars games. TIE Fighter is a close second. XvT was amazing especially online. I also thoroughly enjoyed X-Wing Alliance.

I still have a working Atari 2600 with the carts for Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi (fly the Millennium Falcon around and destroy the Death Star).

I still play Jedi Knight and Battlegrounds every so often. I never liked Empire at War but I did have a fondness for Star Wars: Rebellion.

Lucasarts needs to go back to the beginning and bring us another X-Wing type game and they need to continue Jedi Knight.

What the heck...No mention of Jedi Knight II, or Knights of The Old Republic?

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast didn't make the list but it's one of my favorite games. I loved playing online on servers that just allowed light sabers and force powers.

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast didn't make the list but it's one of my favorite games. I loved playing online on servers that just allowed light sabers and force powers.

Yup. Force and saber only was ghe way to go.

Sure, you can grpkick me, but if I'm lightside and can get in a couple good pull-kicks then you are fucked.

I was about to start yelling about the exclusion of KOTOR, Rogue Squadron, and Republic Commando...then I saw the "Classics" part of the title :eek:.

Actually, wait -- Lego Star Wars (2005) is on that list, so there's so limit on how old the game had to be to have been considered. So that list does suck after all...

For me SW games are all about X-Wing/Tie Fighter and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. In more than 15 years of multiplayer gaming I've never experienced anything else like online saber battles in Jedi Knight II. If you want to read a good story about online gaming in general, with lots of detail about what made saber battles so great, read this article (controversial content so perhaps NSFW should be obvious from the URL):

http://www.alwaysblack.com/blackbox/bow.html

For me SW games are all about X-Wing/Tie Fighter and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. In more than 15 years of multiplayer gaming I've never experienced anything else like online saber battles in Jedi Knight II. If you want to read a good story about online gaming in general, with lots of detail about what made saber battles so great, read this article (controversial content so perhaps NSFW should be obvious from the URL):

http://www.alwaysblack.com/blackbox/bow.html

Huh, I guess the URL was so controversial that Hardforum software edited it. Should have realized. The N-word goes before .html if you want to read it. It's a story about racism, and the generally accepted rules and conventions that emerge from community based games.

Hows this for a classic Star Wars game? My wife just bought it for me. Its from 1979.

Its flying Tetris monsters!!!

microvision_startrek.jpg

I was about to start yelling about the exclusion of KOTOR, Rogue Squadron, and Republic Commando...then I saw the "Classics" part of the title :eek:.

Seeing as anything post 2004 was s#!te, I'd consider anything from Republic Commando and anything prior to be a classic...Apart from Force Commander, only good thing to come from that game was the rock version of Imperial March (yeah I own that one too).

I forgot Battle for Naboo, and the Phantom Menace, those can be erased from my memory too.

Oh the joys of using boot disks so that I could play Rebel Assault 2 in DOS on a Windows 95 machine. Brings back the memories. That game actually had live action footage and used the real props and costumes used in the movies. The only other Star Wars games I ever played were Super Star Wars (for the SNES), Battlefront I and Battlefront II (both on the PC).

Back