Tesla Motors Replacing CEO, Plans Layoffs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Tesla Motors sure seems to be in the headlines more often for controversy than they are for their cars, don’t they? Today the company dumped their current CEO and announced plans for “modest layoffs” in an attempt to make the company “cash flow positive

Chairman Elon Musk is now CEO, continuing his activities in product development. Former CEO Ze'ev Drori is now vice chairman of the board and is expected to remain active in Tesla operations, according to a company representative, who did not give a reason for Drori's replacement.

have you seen the car they were planning on building? No wonder they are planning layoffs.

That's the problem with private companies. You have to actually make money with your product LOL.

Problem is, if they went public, they're screwed.

Even if I had the money to buy their car(s), I wouldn't. Tesla is way too unstable as a company. How many people have been fired, oh I mean laid off. I wouldn't be surprised if they go under in the next year or two.

Sounds like they have a lot of corruption and greed running amok in that company.

The real problem is, these fucktards have given a bad name to innovators trying to get into the business.

The have blown $54 MILLION trying to make an electric car. Give me $3 million and I'll win the X-Prize and pay you back with interest.

Pathetic morons. :eek::rolleyes::p

The real problem is, these fucktards have given a bad name to innovators trying to get into the business.

The have blown $54 MILLION trying to make an electric car. Give me $3 million and I'll win the X-Prize and pay you back with interest.

Pathetic morons. :eek::rolleyes::p

You say things like this a lot yet I don't see you ever doing them. Why is that?

How do you get "cash flow positive" without having a product on the market?

Do they expect to live off of venture capital forever? Or just keep laying off until the money dries up slowly and then claim they were Tucker-ed?

Put out the car, charge an incredible early-adopter premium, let rich enviro-people buy the product and see if you can make any money.

Even if they had a car to produce, economies of scale apply and they're not going to be competitive in mass-marketing a car against the likes of Ford/GM/Honda/Toyota, etc. They need to get a niche before they can expand market share.

elon is an idiot. he got lucky twice in the .com bubble, and now has money and no sense.

I think they blew 53 million on hookers and coke and 1 million on an electric car to transport hookers and coke. I mean they created an electric car a long time ago it can't be that hard, aside from avoiding Oil company assassins.

Steve, just wanted to let you know - the link in your post has a 'hhttp' in the URL.

Back