Tessellation not working in Heaven benchmark?

I had the same problem with my 5870 up untill the 9.12 hotfix drivers, when I ran dxdiag it always showed DDI Version as being 10.1 even though I was running Windows 7 along with a DX 11 card, tesselation wouldn't work in the Unigine benchmark, I couldnt run the Stalker Call of Prypiat benchmark in DX 11 mode and Dirt 2 wouldn't run in DX11 either.I installed the latest Hotfix and it fixed all those issues, does your DDI version shows DX 11 or DX 10.1?

I've tried the hotfix to avail unfortunately. It says it doesn't apply to my system.

I have to reinstall Windows anyway, so maybe it will sort itself out then. Sure hope so.

Thanks.

It doesn't matter, it's only a reporting error. It shouldn't affect functionality if it shows 10.1.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975243

Well untill mine showed DDI Version: 11,I wasn't able to run anything in DX 11 but as soon as I installed the 9.12 Hotfix drivers everything started working as it should and coincidence or not dxdiag now shows DDI Version as DX11 instead of DX 10.1.

Well untill mine showed DDI Version: 11,I wasn't able to run anything in DX 11 but as soon as I installed the 9.12 Hotfix drivers everything started working as it should and coincidence or not dxdiag now shows DDI Version as DX11 instead of DX 10.1.

How can you tell what mode Dirt 2 is running in?

Ah, good to know. Thanks.

Mine shows DDI 10.1 but I can still enable dx11 features.

Sadly even reinstalling Windows has not fixed this.

I now have a ticket in with XFX.

P.S.

Some say it's due to the W7 RC, but it worked before with the 9.11 drivers, so it should still work now, no? Maybe I'll try the 9.10 drivers that came with the card. I know those worked.

P.P.S

The 9.10 drivers will not even install now for some reason. I guess I'll just have to wait for 2 weeks til my new mobo gets here. I am waiting for it before using my OEM copy of Ultimate. I sure hope that's all it is.

Last edited:
*Update*

Full version of W7 works fine, though I had to manually install the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer before it would work. (Did that with the RC to, but it never worked.)

Though I get a (Not responding) in the Heaven benchmark for a short time (2-5 seconds) after telling it to run the default settings, then it starts up.

Back